Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Front Shocks Not Lifted

KBob

Reaction score
2020 2500 Cummins with standard suspension..... as far as I can tell, Bilstein doesn't offer silver 5100 series monotube shocks for the front unless it's lifted? Has anyone used the ones listed for the 2" lift on a stock truck with success?
I installed the 5100 series on the rear, and was hoping to match them up. They helped with towing my 5th wheel over big dips, and bumps, but it seems like the the fronts are bouncing more now. Other options for the front? Thanks.

KBob

Reaction score
Figured out only option was the Yellow body 4600 series Bilstein 24-302074. Ordered those from Summit $93 each.

Rockcrawlindude

a rock crawlin’ dude
Reaction score
2020 2500 Cummins with standard suspension..... as far as I can tell, Bilstein doesn't offer silver 5100 series monotube shocks for the front unless it's lifted? Has anyone used the ones listed for the 2" lift on a stock truck with success?
I installed the 5100 series on the rear, and was hoping to match them up. They helped with towing my 5th wheel over big dips, and bumps, but it seems like the the fronts are bouncing more now. Other options for the front? Thanks.
I see you already figured something out but just in case it helps another member..

You can use them. I bought a 2” level kit with fox shocks for a 2” lift and installed the shocks but not the level kit. Ran them like that for a while. About a year later I installed a 1” level instead.

Users who are viewing this thread