Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Front Receiver Hitch

Rich

Banned Member
Reaction score
That was exactly why I did away with mine. Hauled those bicycles around on the front for 2yrs, hated them stuck out there. Then i bought a drop down and they were still in my vision. Not a good idea for someone like me who's a tailgater. :mad:

LoopyLyle

Reaction score
OK, I called Torklift back and got them to dig up some pictures and they emailed them to me - please see attached. Looks pretty good me thinks! :) I don't really want my bikes up front, but with a 5K lb slide-in camper on the back, that's where they gotta go!

Attachments

• x7910-Front-Hitch1.jpg
    x7910-Front-Hitch1.jpg
    627 KB · Views: 152
  • x7910-Front-Hitch2.jpg
    x7910-Front-Hitch2.jpg
    403.2 KB · Views: 152

miles

Reaction score
On my last 3500 DRW I just made my own front receiver hitch.
I used it to maneuver my large inboard motor fishing boat around when parking it into tight places, it worked excellent.
I had a very large truck camper that was 2 1/2 feet past the end of the box and I also made a extended hitch 2ft 10ins that fit into the receiver and two more points at 45 degree angle to give more side force strength when turning. I did this to pull my boat when the camper was loaded.
The main hitch was 2 inch solid steel that was rated at 500lbs tongue weight and 5,000 lbs trialer weight, a hitch manufacturer certified and stamped it for me (cost $60).
PS; I use to weld for a living and had the welding certs to prove I was qualified to weld it at the hitch manufacturer.

Arkansas Voyager

Reaction score
I ordered the Torklift Hitch from there website and had it delivered to my house. I just had it installed yesterday and I am very pleased with the design and sturdiness of the hitch. I tow a fifth wheel and carry 14' kayaks using a Thule T-post on the front hitch and Yakima rack on the roof of the truck. It has worked out great in the past on my 2006 2500 Ram but I couldn't find a front hitch for my 2019 3500 Ram until now. I appreciate getting pointed to Torklift hitch.

Capital E

Reaction score
I put mine on last night. I'm really impressed with the fit and finish. All high quality grade 8 hardware. Torklift added some nice little details that speak to them taking pride in their product. The license plate holder and little tabs to secure the air dam to the hitch are a nice touch. The brackets hang a little bit below the air dam and lower the approach angle of the truck a little bit. Hopefully it doesn't become a problem off-road. I guess I would rather have it hang a touch low than block airflow to the intercooler. Thanks @LoopyLyle for posting the instructions. They sent some in the box but the pictures were pretty low quality. I referred to yours multiple times to make sure I was looking at things right.

Dr__Bob

Reaction score
I put mine on last night. I'm really impressed with the fit and finish. All high quality grade 8 hardware. Torklift added some nice little details that speak to them taking pride in their product. The license plate holder and little tabs to secure the air dam to the hitch are a nice touch. The brackets hang a little bit below the air dam and lower the approach angle of the truck a little bit. Hopefully it doesn't become a problem off-road. I guess I would rather have it hang a touch low than block airflow to the intercooler. Thanks @LoopyLyle for posting the instructions. They sent some in the box but the pictures were pretty low quality. I referred to yours multiple times to make sure I was looking at things right.
Pics?

DaveyB

Reaction score
They both look a bit low to the ground. I had the one at the top of the thread on my 4G 2500 (it's sat on the garage floor now - took it off to transfer but the new truck is way different as we all know - now) and the big advantage of the Draw Tite pattern over the Curt was the mid level attachment. Clearly the newer shape is not as easy to get a mid fit front bar.

Distillusion

Reaction score
While they look lower than the air dam, they still look like they're sitting above the approach angle line and above the front axle.

Norwood

Reaction score
I have been talking to etrailer for a week or so about options for my 2019 3500. I want a front receiver hitch to mount bicycles. I know there is one for the 2500s. Etrailer says they haven't confirmed fittament for a 3500. The told me draw Tite made one that was confirmed. I thought it looked like a 2018 setup, but they sent it. Anyway, it doesn't fit. Just curious if anyone has a front receiver hitch mounted on a 3500?

Norwood

Reaction score
Today I got an email my pre-ordered hitch was ready to ship. I called in and asked for the installation PDF (attached). Like literally everything else I've bolted to my 2019 3500 (nerf bars, tie downs, sway bar) it looks its time to clear my day for lots of extra fun banging my knuckles. Unfortunately, the PDF does not have a picture of the completed install. However, it seems to mount low and not block parking sensors, etc which was my main concern.

I have been talking to etrailer for a week or so about options for my 2019 3500. I want a front receiver hitch to mount bicycles. I know there is one for the 2500s. Etrailer says they haven't confirmed fittament for a 3500. The told me draw Tite made one that was confirmed. I thought it looked like a 2018 setup, but they sent it. Anyway, it doesn't fit. Just curious if anyone has a front receiver hitch mounted on a 3500?
hello I have been looking to think Tork lift has one part number x
From. Norwood check Tork lift part number x7910

Norwood

Reaction score
Tork lift part number x7910 just found it this morning going to call Monday to verify it fits 2020 Ram 3500

The Poor Irishman

Reaction score
Did you find the right front tow hitch? I have a 2020 3500 they recommend this front tow hitch: https://www.etrailer.com/p-EH37FR.html

Norwood

Reaction score
Had the Tork Lift X7910 front hitch installed today, what a bear. Glad I didn't try to install myself

Norwood

Reaction score
How long did it end up taking them?
They said 1 to 1 1/2 hrs took 3 but they only charged me 2 hrs. This hitch is overkill, using it to carry 2 bikes and the rack maybe 200# They laughed at the shop. It was the only one I could find, maybe I'll get a snow plow.LOL

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
They said 1 to 1 1/2 hrs took 3 but they only charged me 2 hrs. This hitch is overkill, using it to carry 2 bikes and the rack maybe 200# They laughed at the shop. It was the only one I could find, maybe I'll get a snow plow.LOL
Thats ridiculous it took them 3 hrs it is so simple and mindless to install it took me 90mins to install my plow mount which is more in depth than this install

Users who are viewing this thread