Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Front Park Sensors Issue

steve49

Reaction score
This is not new and has been brought up in past discussions. On my 2019 2500 6.7 Bighorn, the front park sensors will beep when there is absolutory nothing in front of them, when I'm backing up the trailer. Was there ever a fix to this issue, I couldn't find anything on here?

1lows

Reaction score
I have the same issue and don’t know of any fixes. I also have a bad sensor in the rear and wish I could disable them via alfaobd. Pressing the button in the truck does nothing to disable them since one is bad

Poolmonkey

Reaction score
I have the same issue and don’t know of any fixes. I also have a bad sensor in the rear and wish I could disable them via alfaobd. Pressing the button in the truck does nothing to disable them since one is bad
So…what does it do, give a warning upon startup?

1lows

Reaction score
So…what does it do, give a warning upon startup?
Before one of my rear sensors went bad I had the issue when backing in reverse with or without a trailer I would randomly get alerts of front sensors detecting an object in front when absolutely nothing was around within a 40’ radius. Now that I have a sensor bad in the rear of the truck, yes I get an alert every time I start the truck saying “rear park sense unavailable”. Also the light above the button to turn park sensors on/off blinks then stays lit above the “rear” button, even after pressing the button to disable it blinks again and goes back to lit position and does nothing else.

Poolmonkey

Reaction score
Before one of my rear sensors went bad I had the issue when backing in reverse with or without a trailer I would randomly get alerts of front sensors detecting an object in front when absolutely nothing was around within a 40’ radius. Now that I have a sensor bad in the rear of the truck, yes I get an alert every time I start the truck saying “rear park sense unavailable”. Also the light above the button to turn park sensors on/off blinks then stays lit above the “rear” button, even after pressing the button to disable it blinks again and goes back to lit position and does nothing else.
Yeah… I plan to ignore any alerts popping up concerning anything that won’t keep mine from going down the road.
It already tells me that it can’t find TPMS sensors because I have none, expecting more alerts in the future.

Users who are viewing this thread