Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Front License Plate Frame

dalepres

Reaction score
No, it’s about the frames not the plastic screws that the OP said he had in his glove box.
My question was about the mount, not the frame. I don't want the dealer's frame though I'll give them the courtesy of showing it for a few months.

Usually the bumper angles don't allow a straight (and legal) mounting of the plate so, in modern vehicles, a plastic mount is included. I've had many dealers, over the years, pull it and pretend it didn't come - even in some cases where I saw it in the vehicle before dealer prep and they pretend it wasn't there.

So maybe what I need to know is if there is a front mount available. If there is, I'm going to push my dealer to give me one because, in my opinion based on previous experience, one was likely delivered with the vehicle.

dalepres

Reaction score
Check your build sheets. Mine has it listed as standard equipment, labeled as “Front License Plate Bracket”.

Thank you. That answered the question. My build sheet has those same words.... Unfortunately, it has the word "Delete" in front of it: "Delete Front License Plate Bracket". That's not something I chose but, I guess, the dealer saved me a couple bucks by deleting it when they put in the order. I would never have deleted it. Deleting options saves you about 25% of what it will cost you to buy the option later.

Since Oklahoma is considering adding a front plate, I'd really like to have one. Now I'll have to negotiate with the dealer rather than insist on one.

U

User_905

It sounds like all trims except Tradesman have them, which is still strange for probably a minimal cost at the factory. Next, we might start responding by states that require a front license plate to see if it is based on the destination indicated on the order.

I have the bracket in Oregon and they require a front plate.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Optional here in NV. Was given one for my truck but the holes are not there on the front and since it’s not required there is no way I’m drilling them lol

Rich

Banned Member
Reaction score
Anybody have any comments or experience with one of these licence plate an driving lamp holder bar. Looks pretty cool an well made, i can just write driving lamps into my aux switch bank. I just wonder if the licence plate bolts will supply enough stability were the frame with light won't vibrate. Also I'm getting a 20 ram 3500 hd ho drw Laramie billet silver with sport app pkg

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
Anybody have any comments or experience with one of these licence plate an driving lamp holder bar. Looks pretty cool an well made, i can just write driving lamps into my aux switch bank. I just wonder if the licence plate bolts will supply enough stability were the frame with light won't vibrate. Also I'm getting a 20 ram 3500 hd ho drw Laramie billet silver with sport app pkg

Provide a sample link or image of WTF you're talking about (preferably in English instead of Klingon).

1FastHemi

Reaction score
Do Ram trucks ship with a front license plate frame? In my glove box is a pack of screws that say they're for the license plate frame but there's no front frame. It's wouldn't be the first case where an Oklahoma dealer removed the shipped frame and kept it because Oklahoma doesn't use a front plate.

If it ships with the truck I want it.

I think you only get one if your state requires a front plate or not, or if your dealer order one with the order. Sometimes the Dealer Prep Department removes them. Only way I know to see if your vehicle was ordered with one is to check your BuildSheet out.

Here is a link to get your Build Sheet: https://fcacommunity.force.com/RAM/s/equipment-listing

Mine was listed on page 3. Check out my build sheet below:
delete front license plate bracket.png

Rich

Banned Member
Reaction score
My bad sorry, stressful weak

Attachments

• 0113541_carr-light-wing-license-plate-light-mount_800.jpeg
    0113541_carr-light-wing-license-plate-light-mount_800.jpeg
    30.3 KB · Views: 17

Rich

Banned Member
Reaction score
Hahaha. Don't laugh
You guys that ordered Longhorns need a set of these:

View attachment 3662
wish I had a picture of it so you'll just have to imagine it. Back in my teenage farmer days, i had Mazda rx7 that I painted John Deere yellow that I welded duel rims on the back an mounted steer horns on the hood an on the roof had the jd deere, an played Dixie over the intercom. I've grown up a bit since them days. My temper hasn't though

1FastHemi

Reaction score
Hahaha. Don't laugh

wish I had a picture of it so you'll just have to imagine it. Back in my teenage farmer days, i had Mazda rx7 that I painted John Deere yellow that I welded duel rims on the back an mounted steer horns on the hood an on the roof had the jd deere, an played Dixie over the intercom. I've grown up a bit since them days. My temper hasn't though

O.M.G........ LOL

Rich

Banned Member
Reaction score
Well i think it's cool an will look good in front of my grill, you guys are just out of touch. She's gonna look dope

Attachments

• iris (5).jpeg
    iris (5).jpeg
    29.1 KB · Views: 15
  • 0113541_carr-light-wing-license-plate-light-mount_800.jpeg
    0113541_carr-light-wing-license-plate-light-mount_800.jpeg
    30.3 KB · Views: 14

Users who are viewing this thread