Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Front License Plate Frame

dalepres

Reaction score
Do Ram trucks ship with a front license plate frame? In my glove box is a pack of screws that say they're for the license plate frame but there's no front frame. It's wouldn't be the first case where an Oklahoma dealer removed the shipped frame and kept it because Oklahoma doesn't use a front plate.

If it ships with the truck I want it.

Zrojas

Reaction score
My truck had a front plate frame.

Edit since trim may make a difference, mine is a Laramie

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

AKDoug

Reaction score
My truck had no frame. Tradesman.

ramazing916

Reaction score
Do Ram trucks ship with a front license plate frame? In my glove box is a pack of screws that say they're for the license plate frame but there's no front frame. It's wouldn't be the first case where an Oklahoma dealer removed the shipped frame and kept it because Oklahoma doesn't use a front plate.

If it ships with the truck I want it.
My Limited never came with one

Zrojas

Reaction score
It sounds like all trims except Tradesman have them, which is still strange for probably a minimal cost at the factory. Next, we might start responding by states that require a front license plate to see if it is based on the destination indicated on the order.

I have the bracket in Oregon and they require a front plate.

AKDoug

Reaction score
It sounds like all trims except Tradesman have them, which is still strange for probably a minimal cost at the factory. Next, we might start responding by states that require a front license plate to see if it is based on the destination indicated on the order.

I have the bracket in Oregon and they require a front plate.

Required in Alaska. Tradesman bumper has two holes to mount plate.

Ruffone

Reaction score
My 2500 Laramie Off-road Black Edition did not come with a frame for the back or the front license plate. My last three Dodge Rams came with frames that had each of the dealers names on it, so I’m guessing it’s an option that the dealers add themselves??

oaklandopen

Reaction score
It sounds like all trims except Tradesman have them, which is still strange for probably a minimal cost at the factory.

Never really know what a company will do to cut cost even though you don't think it's much. I bet lots of places will pay a person $100,000 per year just to find a way to save the company $110,000

I remember my old grand Cherokee all time 4wd had that little birdseye view of the jeep with lights for tires that would indicate if you were in 4x4 or 4x2. Turns out that little thing was used in multiple jeeps and would make sense, but why in an all time 4wd would you need to know that all the wheels were powered? Cuz it's cheaper to just put that thing in all of the vehicles instead of design something else to go there for a couple extra measly dollars

My 2500 Laramie Off-road Black Edition did not come with a frame for the back or the front license plate. My last three Dodge Rams came with frames that had each of the dealers names on it, so I’m guessing it’s an option that the dealers add themselves??

Im going with dealer option. Im in Delaware with no required front plate, and no frame when I bought my truck, and Maryland is very close by, which does require 2. My dad always has to get a front frame from the dealer since he's a couple miles into md but buys from de dealers, and he gets them from the dealer

LaneC

Reaction score
Depends on where the truck originally shipped to...

Frames are something dealers have made up by the thousands.

When your truck leaves the factory theres no frame. Front backets just depend on which dealer is the truck was shipped to.

jpaeth

Reaction score
My Limited had a front plate mount, I'm in Idaho.
Are we talking a plate frame? Like something that would have the dealer name on it? Or are we talking the actual license plate mount?

LaneC

Reaction score
Frames got the dealer name on it, mount is what we are referring to for the part you actually screw into for your plate.

AFF

Reaction score
My Laramie came with one on it. It's the first thing I kick off when I buy a new truck. In to the garbage can it goes.

oaklandopen

Reaction score
Front plates are just another bs way to get revenue

And it ruins the look of a lot of nice cars

AndyS

Reaction score
My truck had the front plate mount.

Marshfly

Reaction score
My truck has two holes in the bumper that are designed for some little square plastic inserts that the plate would screw into. Is this what this whole thread is about? Those are like $2 at Autozone.

Or is there some larger ugly black plastic thing that attaches to that? Front plates are ugly.

Ruffone

Reaction score
My truck has two holes in the bumper that are designed for some little square plastic inserts that the plate would screw into. Is this what this whole thread is about? Those are like $2 at Autozone.

Or is there some larger ugly black plastic thing that attaches to that? Front plates are ugly.
No, it’s about the frames not the plastic screws that the OP said he had in his glove box.

Marshfly

Reaction score
No, it’s about the frames, not the plastic screws that the OP said he had in his glove box.

Frames are provided by dealerships. Do you mean an actual bracket?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ruffone

Reaction score
Frames are provided by dealerships. Do you mean an actual bracket?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes he is talking about the big ugly frames, behind the tag, that they usually install along with the dealers free advertising bracket.

Users who are viewing this thread