Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Front end components/suspension

smh310

Reaction score
Were any changes made to the front end components/suspension on the 4.5 gens?

texas.yankee

Reaction score
Because the frame was redesigned, there are a few changes, but I haven't been able to find any specifics, yet. I know that the '18 lifts and leveling kit companies I have talked to are either too unsure to say anything or pretty confident there are enough changes to warrant a redesign.

Nordic28

Reaction score
Rancho and mcgaughys say their 4th gen lifts will fit a '19. I'm not sure I trust that. I couldn't get a for sure answer they had tried it.

Nordic28

Reaction score
Here's some information I've gathered so far:
In a video I saw, the Ram representative said they raised the front of the truck 5mm. This would match what some fellow forum members have stated that the truck is taller to climb into than past years.
In another video I saw the Ram representative said the front axle housing is completely redesigned to reduce road vibration (and features a new pinion seal). So the question is, did they get the extra height from taller springs, or revised perch height?
If the springs are taller, then a 4th gen lift kit that utilizes aftermarket springs won't give us the advertised amount of lift.

Nordic28

Reaction score
I was thinking the same thing. Makes me wonder what else they changed ever so slightly. They're really splitting hairs.

Bighorn

Reaction score
i installed 2" leveling spacers, Bilstien shocks (all 4) and firestone airbags on the rear. For these items, there was no issue for me. There is some differences, most noticible to me was the steering Drag Link. Different design and way easier to adjust to align steering wheel. The parts i used were for a 2018. The airbags at 5-10 PSI give my truck a slight rake still and i did not adjust my headlights. When stock, i thought they were a little low anyways. 275

Ruffone

Reaction score
Were any changes made to the front end components/suspension on the 4.5 gens?
Here, check out this webpage from Carli that explains what changes have been made. There are several R&D articles and a couple of videos with it that they use to explain the differences.

Users who are viewing this thread