Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Front driveshaft

jared43758

Reaction score
I looked under my truck the other day and on the front drive shaft on the transfer case end, where I was looking for a ujoint or cardan joint, there was a rubber boot with bands on each end and reminded me of a CV joint. I wonder is later in the year on the 19’s they changed that?

Burn'n Oil

It's a metaphor!
Reaction score
Yep, another one of the changes for the 19s. No sticker under the hood reminding the owner to grease the front driveshaft because it's a CV joint.

Old time trucker

Reaction score
Crawled under my truck to lube my cardan joint today and yes no cardan joint to be found.
Funny it’s still in the maintenance schedule in the manual and on the maintenance task list of things performed at my dealership. Charging people to lube a part that doesn’t exist!

Burn'n Oil

It's a metaphor!
Reaction score
Crawled under my truck to lube my cardan joint today and yes no cardan joint to be found.
Funny it’s still in the maintenance schedule in the manual and on the maintenance task list of things performed at my dealership. Charging people to lube a part that doesn’t exist!
Not unusual for irrelevant stuff in the OM to get carried over to a new model. That's been going on for decades.

Users who are viewing this thread