Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fox Factory Race 2.5s w/ Thuren Coils

tchur1

Reaction score
As I wait for my truck to get delivered I have been looking at different suspensions setups once it gets here. At this point Im pretty familiar with what Carli and Thuren have to offer but I am curious if anyone has run Fox Factory Race 2.5s on their ram. Looks like they work with a lift of up to 1.5" so you could match it potentially with Thuren coils?

Is this an awful idea? Whats the biggest difference (aside from valving/tuning) between the Fox 2.5s and the King 2.5s?

Appreciate any insights.

hookedup2407

Reaction score
As I wait for my truck to get delivered I have been looking at different suspensions setups once it gets here. At this point Im pretty familiar with what Carli and Thuren have to offer but I am curious if anyone has run Fox Factory Race 2.5s on their ram. Looks like they work with a lift of up to 1.5" so you could match it potentially with Thuren coils?

Is this an awful idea? Whats the biggest difference (aside from valving/tuning) between the Fox 2.5s and the King 2.5s?

Appreciate any insights.
I just saw this. I’m a new member but not new to Fox vs King.. i can’t tell you which is better overall because it’s a toss up really.. if you get the Fox DSC 2.5 adjustables the Dampening adjustment is superior to King.. that being said, for the regular reservoirs, unless you get the Fox 2.5 custom valved, I’d personally go with King..

tchur1

Reaction score
Appreciate the response. I would get them with DSC if I was going to go Fox. Would they work well with factory coils? How would they ride if paired with Thuren coils?

hookedup2407

Reaction score
I can only comment because i owned a set of the 2.5 DSC on my Tacoma.. you can get them custom valved from Accutune Off-road.. for free!! You tell them your vehicle set up and driving needs and they will valve and tune your Fox2.5.. i got the ones in my Tacoma from them!! Stellar!! However i will say this.. don’t quote me in this but, i think kings are full 6061 alum bodies where fox is a zinc.. i could be wrong.. but they have a fox vs kings on their page.. here’s the link https://accutuneoffroad.com/?gclid=...VZ1EFWttWX6NxmSpj9KNJUoEqfwjTm8xoCRYgQAvD_BwE

waveslayer

Reaction score
Fox springs are crap, you will want Springs from Eibach , they are superior over Fox

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

tchur1

Reaction score
Appreciate the recommendations, I think Im going to go with a Thuren kit, seems like I can get more bang for my buck there then with Carli but want to evaluate everything before making that call.

Going to check out the links you sent over. Much appreciated.

Surf2snow1

Reaction score
If you’re interested in a full thuren kit with kings, shoot me a message.

Users who are viewing this thread