Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fox 2.5 Shocks for the Power Wagon.

Trail_Wagon

Reaction score
NEW
I found these this morning. I'm sure they were not available just a few weeks ago.

Fox 2.5 remote reservoir shocks with DSC adjusters.
The cool thing about these is they are the perfect length for a stock power wagon.

Front 883-26-066
compressed 16.01"
Extended 25.49"
travel 9.78"

Rear 883-26-063
compressed 16.5"
extended 27.15"
travel 10.6"

These are the fox equivalent of the kings that Carlie and Thuren spec for their RAMs

RHINO69

Reaction score
NEW
I found these this morning. I'm sure they were not available just a few weeks ago.

The cool thing about these is they are the perfect length for a stock power wagon.

Front 883-26-066
compressed 16.01"
Extended 25.49"
travel 9.78"

Rear 883-26-063
compressed 16.5"
extended 27.15"
travel 10.6"

These are the fox equivalent of the kings that Carlie and Thuren spec for their RAMs
Going to email thuren and ask them about these, since they aren't advertised on their site. King wait time is so bad right now, I'd gladly take these asap.

Shake N Bake

Reaction score
Going to email thuren and ask them about these, since they aren't advertised on their site. King wait time is so bad right now, I'd gladly take these asap.
Post up what Thuren says about them. Id take these as well instead of waiting on the Kings.

jadmt

Reaction score
NEW

Front 883-26-066
compressed 16.01"
Extended 25.49"
travel 9.78"

Rear 883-26-063
compressed 16.5"
extended 27.15"
travel 10.6"

stock are 23.25 and 14 5/8 front and 24 15/16 16 7/16 rear so I would want to cycle the suspension before putting them to the test. up front you could bottom out the shocks which kills them and you it would be possible to unseat your front coils if the stock coil free lengh is not long enough in the back you could unseat a coil of free length not long enough. they free length of a stock PW coil might be ok but without actually testing it there is some risk.

RHINO69

Reaction score
Post up what Thuren says about them. Id take these as well instead of waiting on the Kings.
Thuren said big negative on a Fox option, at the moment. Maybe they are unaware of these? But if these really are an exact match to OEM, that is still no good for after market front springs.

Thuren's exact words; "Negative. We have been trying to get Fox to make these for us for almost 2 years but still have nothing. Sorry."

Trail_Wagon

Reaction score
I asked my guy over at accutune...

"They were very recently released (maybe a month ago at the earliest?) but we do not currently have them on order.
We would assume about a 6-8 month lead time to get them ordered up"

Thuren is just not staying up to date.
oh well.

Shake N Bake

Reaction score
Well it was worth a try. At least I have the cheap Fox shocks to hold me over until Kings come around.

jadmt

Reaction score
Thuren said big negative on a Fox option, at the moment. Maybe they are unaware of these? But if these really are an exact match to OEM, that is still no good for after market front springs.

Thuren's exact words; "Negative. We have been trying to get Fox to make these for us for almost 2 years but still have nothing. Sorry."
they are not an exact match. they are longer extended by over 2" and shorter compressed by about an 1.5", now that might not be an issue but until someone has completely flexed out you won't know.

tchur1

Reaction score
I just called fox as I am trying to figure out what I am going to put on my truck. They said they are in the process of rolling out a bunch of new performance elite shocks for Ram trucks over the next month and a half or so. Should be more options for all Ram trucks by the end of August.

They also said they are shipping them with new tuning and more adjustability to ride well with a wider range of front/rear springs. It sounds like Thuren said no go but according to what Fox just said they should work with just about anything out of the box and with a wide adjustability range to dial in for driver preferences.

Trail_Wagon

Reaction score
So I have been seeing all sorts of different numbers for shock lengths on the internet. I foolishly chose to watch a video by shock surplus, in which they measure the power wagon shocks to be 16 ish fully compressed. So when I saw that was approximately the length of the new Fox 2.5 stuff, I thought it was dead on.

But I wanted to know for sure, so this morning I pulled one of the front shocks. And took some accurate measurements.

PXL_20220720_120616460.jpg

Front
Extended 23 9/16"
Compressed 14 13/16"
Travel 8 3/4"

I measured from the center of the eyelet...

PXL_20220720_120800324.jpg

To the end of the shaft, with the hardware removed.
PXL_20220720_120822907.jpg

For the extended length, I measured to where the shaft gets smaller and the washer will ride. For travel I measured the shaft from the shock body, to where the chrome ends.

The goofball from shock surplus needs to learn to use a tape measure. So, to make the shocks I linked work, you would need about 1 1/4" bump stop extensions to stop the shock from tearing things up. If I was going to add 1 1/4 extension, I would lift the truck too to maintain at least factory up travel.

jadmt

Reaction score
So I have been seeing all sorts of different numbers for shock lengths on the internet. I foolishly chose to watch a video by shock surplus, in which they measure the power wagon shocks to be 16 ish fully compressed. So when I saw that was approximately the length of the new Fox 2.5 stuff, I thought it was dead on.

But I wanted to know for sure, so this morning I pulled one of the front shocks. And took some accurate measurements.

View attachment 41387

Front
Extended 23 9/16"
Compressed 14 13/16"
Travel 8 3/4"

View attachment 41388

View attachment 41389

For the extended length, I measured to where the shaft gets smaller and the washer will ride. For travel I measured the shaft from the shock body, to where the chrome ends.

The goofball from shock surplus needs to learn to use a tape measure. So, to make the shocks I linked work, you would need about 1 1/4" bump stop extensions to stop the shock from tearing things up. If I was going to add 1 1/4 extension, I would lift the truck too to maintain at least factory up travel.
the only way to know for sure how much bump stop you would need is to pull the coils and cycle the suspension with the shocks in place.

RHINO69

Reaction score

View attachment 41387

Front
Extended 23 9/16"
Compressed 14 13/16"
Travel 8 3/4"

View attachment 41388

View attachment 41389

Very nice. Good info.

Darkone

Reaction score
I took the numbers in you original post and went to fox’s website and compared them to their chart. It shows the number you listed
883-24-063 as a front shock for 2-3.5” lift.
For 0-1.5” it lists a 883-24-062 and it’s listed extended, collapsed, and shock travel more resemble stock trucks it also gives a 883-24-065 for the rear 0-1.5”lift 2500

Users who are viewing this thread