Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Floor Console with Wireless CarPlay and Charging

01Time

Reaction score
I was kinda bummed that since I have a manual transfer case, I wouldn't be able to install a center console without significant modification to the console and no guarantee it would work. So, I snagged a 4th Gen floor console from car-part.com to give it a shot.

After a pretty painless install, it fit the space pretty well. I did have to remove the lower trim piece below the radio bezel, but it butts up so close it doesn't look like it's missing anything.

And in order for it to fit the way I wanted it to, I did have to tap a couple of new holes to secure it. You could easily mount it using the existing holes from the factory shifter trim/tray area, but the replacement console will then need to be trimmed a bit to fit (it's an inch or so too far forward).

I also hardwired a Qi charger and double-sided taped it to the back end of the console. My iPhone X in an Otterbox fits nicely in the space and charges well.

Finally, I installed wireless CarPlay using the Carlink adapter. I used the usb-c port (to take advantage of the faster data speed versus usb-a) and tucked it in and behind the radio. I used a USB to 12V adapter and tapped into the accessory plug. I moved the fuse for the outlet to only power when the ignition is acc/run.

So far, I'm extremely happy with it. Previously, that space was wasted and if I ever put anything down there, it always seemed to find its way to the driver side floorboards, in or around the brake pedal.

Attachments

• DBA069DB-CCA2-474A-A720-4DFB7AAEC272.jpeg
    DBA069DB-CCA2-474A-A720-4DFB7AAEC272.jpeg
    470.1 KB · Views: 125
  • 9D525098-8DFC-45AB-9713-B46D2A73AA16.jpeg
    9D525098-8DFC-45AB-9713-B46D2A73AA16.jpeg
    546.9 KB · Views: 123
  • 94C25F71-A7C9-49D2-BB9D-E3A3CF40967A.jpeg
    94C25F71-A7C9-49D2-BB9D-E3A3CF40967A.jpeg
    508.4 KB · Views: 122

pacu44

Reaction score
I was kinda bummed that since I have a manual transfer case, I wouldn't be able to install a center console without significant modification to the console and no guarantee it would work. So, I snagged a 4th Gen floor console from car-part.com to give it a shot.

After a pretty painless install, it fit the space pretty well. I did have to remove the lower trim piece below the radio bezel, but it butts up so close it doesn't look like it's missing anything.

And in order for it to fit the way I wanted it to, I did have to tap a couple of new holes to secure it. You could easily mount it using the existing holes from the factory shifter trim/tray area, but the replacement console will then need to be trimmed a bit to fit (it's an inch or so too far forward).

I also hardwired a Qi charger and double-sided taped it to the back end of the console. My iPhone X in an Otterbox fits nicely in the space and charges well.

Finally, I installed wireless CarPlay using the Carlink adapter. I used the usb-c port (to take advantage of the faster data speed versus usb-a) and tucked it in and behind the radio. I used a USB to 12V adapter and tapped into the accessory plug. I moved the fuse for the outlet to only power when the ignition is acc/run.

So far, I'm extremely happy with it. Previously, that space was wasted and if I ever put anything down there, it always seemed to find its way to the driver side floorboards, in or around the brake pedal.
I want to add this floor console, I have the electric shift so there is an OEM tray that fits where the shifter goes... Thanks for the pics, think I will do this now after seeing yours.

time2kyl

Reaction score
I want to add this floor console, I have the electric shift so there is an OEM tray that fits where the shifter goes... Thanks for the pics, think I will do this now after seeing yours.
It is pretty straightforward. I have the floor shifter as well. Have to do a little trimming on the front piece, but much more useful than it was.

Users who are viewing this thread