Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Floor console issues found with Enterprise starting to trade in their 4.5 Gen HD trucks.

DevilDodge

Staff member
Reaction score
Went through the local RAM dealer and seen 4 Enterprise trucks turned in. All at about 15k miles. 1 Red Hemi, 1 White Hemi, 2 Red Cummins and 1 White Cummins.

This leads me to a question for the tradesman guys. Does your floor shift 4x4 have the slide out drawer by the floor? Since they did away with the full floor console, I wondered if they may have moved the shifter enough to put this in.

elephantrider

Hydraulic Lifter Crew
Reaction score
mine has a "drawer" at the bottom of the center stack, but i've never checked to
see if it slides out. there is also a stationary tray just to the right of the floor shifter.

Albert193500

Reaction score
My 19 is in the same place as my 17. I am willing to bet it will fit if you can order it. I think I may ask my guy at Ram to look into it.

Albert193500

Reaction score
mine has a "drawer" at the bottom of the center stack, but i've never checked to
see if it slides out. there is also a stationary tray just to the right of the floor shifter.
Can you post a picture of what you have?
I only have the shifter, I really miss the extra cupholders

elephantrider

Hydraulic Lifter Crew
Reaction score
yah, i'll get one tomorrow. there are no cup holders in that area. i've yet to run out of the three that are in the
arm rest.

DevilDodge

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks. The trucks without the floor shifter have a slide out drawer there. I thought maybe since they did away with the full floor console they made the drawer work for both, and they didn't. Looks like they may have gave a little drawer though. Still Aggravating. About the loss of the floor console and ram bins in the rear

elephantrider

Hydraulic Lifter Crew
Reaction score
i'm purchasing a set of the oem bins and plan to install them. factory holes are already in
the floorpan. an additional floor console that covers the carpet area would have been nice,
no doubt.

Omarf4

Reaction score
Just for edification purposes, what does enterprise turning in their rentals have to do with the floor shifter? Not trying to be a smart a**, but confused on the purpose of the thread vs the title?

DevilDodge

Staff member
Reaction score
The thread was to say that Enterprise car rental is returning their HD trucks.

While checking one out I seen that the drawer was there and that the floor setup was the same with the floor setup and the knob selector.

In the 4th Gens they got a full floor console with the floor shifter.

It was asked as a secondary question, but obviously so far has been more important than the threads original purpose.

Albert193500

Reaction score
i'm purchasing a set of the oem bins and plan to install them. factory holes are already in
the floorpan. an additional floor console that covers the carpet area would have been nice,
no doubt.
Please keep me posted. Are you getting the floor setup from the 4th gen? Bins and cup holders?

elephantrider

Hydraulic Lifter Crew
Reaction score
ah sorry... i skip around alot. i was referring to the rear floor storage bins..

GLB1950

Reaction score
Speaking of the rear under seat storage and you weren't, but this looks like as good a place to ask. I currently have an 01 Dodge Ram 1500 with storage under the rear seat. While looking at a 3500 the other day, it is dismal by comparison. Not wanting the ram bed boxes, my storage is going to lack enough storage to pack a lot of stuff I've been accustomed to carrying. Are all back seat storage the same? Other than the mega cab.

Users who are viewing this thread