Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fixing hole in mirror trim

mixolydian12

Reaction score
I dropped my vehicle off to be detailed and it returned with a gouge in the mirror trim...

Any ideas on how to fill this hole and get it looking reasonably consistent with the surrounding trim?

I'd just buy a new mirror but finding the actual part number has been challenging (it's for a Big Horn but with lots of options like camera and BSM). I don't think you can buy just the plastic piece for this portion of the imrror. If I can get it looking decent, I may just leave it as is.

Attachments

• IMG_1085.jpeg
    IMG_1085.jpeg
    466.7 KB · Views: 51

DontSlamMyRam

Reaction score
Local Wrecking yard? Ebay? Have Dealership order it. I replaced lots of mirrors in my dealership days. Usually pretty simple task. Had to replace one on daughters Grand Cherokee, I got that mirror from a local wrecker.

mixolydian12

Reaction score
Local Wrecking yard? Ebay? Have Dealership order it. I replaced lots of mirrors in my dealership days. Usually pretty simple task. Had to replace one on daughters Grand Cherokee, I got that mirror from a local wrecker.

Totally agree that's the long term way to go. But for now so it doesn't full of water, maybe fill it with epoxy or silicone sealant?

mixolydian12

Reaction score
Holy Smokes how did a detail result in that?

Check your local Craigs/list auto parts page. I see them for sale here all the time

I was told he "hit a bolt". How that happened is a whole different story...

unclelala

Reaction score
Well he should at least give you life time detailing minus the boo boo's :)

Users who are viewing this thread