Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

First truck first diesel so many questions.

snikwah_30

Reaction score
Thank you everyone for the responses. It’s going to be 3 weeks since I purchased my truck and just wanted to share the progress.

Carli 2.5 leveling kit from CJC Offroad with Carli tuned fox shocked on Toyo MTs 37x13.5 r17s. I wanted to go 12.5 but wasn’t able to find them anywhere

Just received my carli track bar and ordered my carli torsion sway 8-12 weeks I’m assuming. Also ordered the night edition reflector headlights, night edition badges, and the door handles to attempt to do the passive entry.

Wish list Baja design fogs and A Pillar lights chrome delete and hopefully the AEV front and rear bumper when they become more readily available. Also a new steering wheel I can not believe a 2021 car/truck wouldn’t come with buttons on the wheel to control the radio

I just hit about 600 miles and the engine seemed to of got louder I hope it gets a tad louder when it breaks in.

I love this truck and it’s hard to stay out of it lol I am looking forward to be a contributing member of this forum and soak up as much knowledge as I can from everyone.

Any other must have modifications?
55a89f6688f20a48c42e9150e8ceacfb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Truck looks awesome! I love that color. I would have to add steps personally. I'm 6'3 and they are really nice even on my stock height truck. The wife couldn't live without them.

Some Amp power steps would be right at home on yours IMO.

Remy

Reaction score
Easiest options/upgrades to add if your truck doesn't have them are the anti-theft alarm (it's just a quick change with AlfaOBD) and remote start (just need to make the change with AlfaOBD and buy new key fob/s and have them programmed at the dealer).

My two (more involved, but) most recommended options/upgrades are passive entry and surround view cameras.
What would the anti-theft alarm change actually do? The dealer installed an aftermarket alarm but I think they just wanted to add additional mark ups so I dont really trust it.

Thank you for the link to the remotes was going to order it through Bam wholesale but they are back ordered!

I ordered all the items for the passive entry just not confident I will be able to knock out this task by myself but we will see. Once they arrive, I am will be ordering the harness from Jimmy

Be aware many have had issues getting those remotes programmed at the dealer then you're out the labor charge and have to send the remote back. They are primarily refurb (they don't come in a MOPAR parts bag).
Thank you for the heads up it seems the fobs are back ordered on all the Mopar sites so I will try it out and hope for the best!

Nice truck, OP congrats.
Thank you!

Remy

Reaction score
Truck looks awesome! I love that color. I would have to add steps personally. I'm 6'3 and they are really nice even on my stock height truck. The wife couldn't live without them.

Some Amp power steps would be right at home on yours IMO.
Those will be hopefully next on my list, I do love watching the kiddos struggle to get in though lol I was quoted 1700 for the AMP XLs installed which seems to be a fair price

Remy

Reaction score
I just purchased the night edition tail lights 68446841AD and 68446840AD and I know I will need a jumper to make it work. is this the jumper I need? Not really interested in activating the BSM just want the tail lights to function correctly? Does Jimmy make these Jumpers too I would prefer supporting a fellow member then a random website

Users who are viewing this thread