Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Finally Arrived

Woodworker

Reaction score
3500 Laramie, SRW, Crew Cab, Short Box, 6.7L Cummins, 68RFE Transmission, Granite Crystal.180
For those interested, the towing chart shows payload as 4,340; the door sticker shows 3902. No problem for me since I am well within the capacity.
Also, it was ordered on January18; the build date was March 1; it arrived in Detroit by train on April 2; trucked to my dealer in the U.P. on April 12; delivered to me on April 15 - just about 12 weeks.

Gondul

Prince of Pintops
Reaction score
Nice and congrats on getting the truck!

And based on comments from others here and on the 5thGENRAM board, the Towing Chart shows a minimally spec'd truck for the listed payload.

hutchman

Staff member
Reaction score
Good looking truck! Is it black or granite crystal.

Stumblefoot

Reaction score
Great looking beast Woodworker! Can hardly wait to how much bigger my payload hit will be since I’ve ordered the HO Cummins and Limited trim. Also, I pray that i’m able to get mine in about 8-weeks total rather than your 12-week timeline as we’re heading to Middlebury, IN to watch our 2020 Reflection 315RTLS being built on Jun 5.

Woodworker

Reaction score
Great looking beast Woodworker! Can hardly wait to how much bigger my payload hit will be since I’ve ordered the HO Cummins and Limited trim. Also, I pray that i’m able to get mine in about 8-weeks total rather than your 12-week timeline as we’re heading to Middlebury, IN to watch our 2020 Reflection 315RTLS being built on Jun 5.
You will love your new Reflection. Ours is 303RLS that we got last May. Grand Design customer support is every bit as good as they claim.

Woodworker

Reaction score
I forgot to mention that I think our 12 week delivery time is probably longer than normal due to our location and that it was ordered just as they were beginning their production process.

Stumblefoot

Reaction score
Grand Design customer support is every bit as good as they claim.
That’s great to hear. We researched travel trailer manufacturers for 2-years and came away thoroughly impressed by Grand Design.

I forgot to mention that I think our 12 week delivery time is probably longer than normal due to our location and that it was ordered just as they were beginning their production process.
I hope you’re right. We still don’t have a VIN after 8 business days of the order being placed. Most here seem to get theirs within 2 - 3 days.

Stumblefoot

Reaction score
You will love your new Reflection. Ours is 303RLS that we got last May. Grand Design customer support is every bit as good as they claim.
The factory tour was really, really good. The tour guide spent 2-1/2 hours with our group. There were a total of 12 on the Reflection tour.

The HOFF

Don't Hassel me
Reaction score
Mine took 8 weeks total from order to delivery.

arude

Reaction score
I just got my Granite 2500 Laramie setup for a 5th Wheel, although now that I see the payload sticker looks like i will be getting a HT towable something next year. I like the Reflections and the Cougars.

I do like the granite, the more i look at it, the more i like it. Twin of your 3500. Interested to hear how it pulls.

Woodworker

Reaction score
I am very, very satisfied with our 3500 diesel. Mind you I'm coming from a 2500 with a 5.7l gas engine. The dry weight of our 5th wheel is slightly under 10K. My wife packs it to the hilt so we are probably pulling 12K to 13K. The trailer was probably a little bit over the capacity of the 2500. We always took great pains to dump tanks every night and carry the bare minimum of fresh water. Even so the 2500 struggled on most hills and was limited to 30 mph climbs on larger hills out west. Those issues are all gone with the new truck; we are running significantly under its capacity even when fully loaded. The old truck was getting 15 - 17 mpg without the trailer and 7 - 8 mpg with. We are now getting 20 -22 without the trailer and 11-12 with. Hills are no longer an issue; it maintains the cruise control speed without any down shifting. A real nice side benefit is that I can refuel with the big trucks. I no longer have to search out stations with extra large spaces or wait for particular pumps to become available to get the trailer in and out.

BKC

Reaction score
The factory tour was really, really good. The tour guide spent 2-1/2 hours with our group. There were a total of 12 on the Reflection tour.
We purchased the rls337 Grand Design in May, love it!

Users who are viewing this thread