Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

FCW unavailable. Service required. Etc, etc.

Mt Man

Reaction score
2019 Ram 2500 Diesel Limited with 21k miles. Just bought it 2 mths ago.

All of a sudden I get the FCW, Trailer Brake system, ESC, ABS and 4x 4 system unavailable and Service Required lights and messages.
Been on for about a week with service scheduled for tomorrow AM.
All the systems seem to be working fine so I go out to get some gas. Turned on the 4wd high for a few sections to just check it then turned it off. Low and behold, all the other Service Required lights and messages have gone away. Anyone have something similar happen? Not sure I need to spend 100 bucks to bring it to the dealer tomorrow to have them tell me nothing is wrong.
Any additional thoughts.
Appreciate your time.

Ziggy

Reaction score
2019 Ram 2500 Diesel Limited with 21k miles. Just bought it 2 mths ago.

All of a sudden I get the FCW, Trailer Brake system, ESC, ABS and 4x 4 system unavailable and Service Required lights and messages.
Been on for about a week with service scheduled for tomorrow AM.
All the systems seem to be working fine so I go out to get some gas. Turned on the 4wd high for a few sections to just check it then turned it off. Low and behold, all the other Service Required lights and messages have gone away. Anyone have something similar happen? Not sure I need to spend 100 bucks to bring it to the dealer tomorrow to have them tell me nothing is wrong.
Any additional thoughts.
Appreciate your time.
Check your fuse under the hood in the engine fuse box. Fuse F11

Mt Man

Reaction score
UPDATE. Not sure if the the issue or not but I did check the fuses and a few, not just F11 were not seated fully. I needed to push a few down. Hopefully that is it.
Thanks

Units

Reaction score
UPDATE. Not sure if the the issue or not but I did check the fuses and a few, not just F11 were not seated fully. I needed to push a few down. Hopefully that is it.
Thanks
I’ve seen a few people have that same issue with the fuses, as a matter of fact none of mine were fully seated.

Wilder

Reaction score
Did it work? I had similar behavior and took the truck to the dealer, they spent thousands of dollars replacing actual components, and the issue turned out to be a chafed wire in the harness, discovered 3 weeks later. I think it was in the bundle that sits to the rear of the driver side front wheel, behind the fender liner.

Mt Man

Reaction score
So far so good. None of the service messages and warnings have come back on. Again, I do not know if it was a fuse issue but being able to push a few down definitely helps my mindset.

JimKIII

Reaction score
I read about on this forum about needing to push down fuses especially on new trucks. So when I went to pick up my truck at Mark Dodge, I lifted the hood, and low & behold, I had to push about 1/3 of all the fuses down. Some of them were barely set. I'm sure if I had driven away unsuspecting, I'd have had issues on my way back home. As it was, 10 days later (I took my time) I pulled into my home 3,010 miles later without a single hitch. Great folks at Mark Dodge!

Users who are viewing this thread