Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

FCA recalls vehicles to fix backup camera

thestuarts

Reaction score

The recall covers certain Ram pickups and Chrysler Pacifica, Dodge Durango, Jeep Grand Cherokee, Jeep Wrangler, and Jeep Renegade vans and SUVs from the 2019 and 2020 model years. Also included are certain 2020 Jeep Gladiator and Cherokee SUVs, and 2019 Dodge Challenger muscle cars. All have 8.4-inch or 12-inch radio displays.

The displays can stay illuminated for more than 10 seconds after the vehicles are shifted out of reverse gear. This can distract drivers. Fiat Chrysler says no crashes or injuries have been reported.

Owners will be notified starting May 22. Dealers will update the software or it could be done over the Internet.

Rich

Banned Member
Reaction score

The recall covers certain Ram pickups and Chrysler Pacifica, Dodge Durango, Jeep Grand Cherokee, Jeep Wrangler, and Jeep Renegade vans and SUVs from the 2019 and 2020 model years. Also included are certain 2020 Jeep Gladiator and Cherokee SUVs, and 2019 Dodge Challenger muscle cars. All have 8.4-inch or 12-inch radio displays.

The displays can stay illuminated for more than 10 seconds after the vehicles are shifted out of reverse gear. This can distract drivers. Fiat Chrysler says no crashes or injuries have been reported.

Owners will be notified starting May 22. Dealers will update the software or it could be done over the Internet.
I don't even have the truck yet an there's a recall already. Well I'm just thankful it's not the tranny, like the rfe recall

1FastHemi

Reaction score
I don't even have the truck yet an there's a recall already. Well I'm just thankful it's not the tranny, like the rfe recall

I just check on the Mopar recall site and mine doesn't have it listed as of yet.

Attachments

• 2020 LH Recalls.png
    2020 LH Recalls.png
    52.1 KB · Views: 23

Rich

Banned Member
Reaction score
Article states, owners will be notified may 22nd. It's to bad that wasn't the aux camera staying on longer than supposed to, nobody would take them in

thestuarts

Reaction score
I just check on the Mopar recall site and mine doesn't have it listed as of yet.

As @Rich stated, owners will be notified starting May 22.

My wife's BMW recently had a recall for the exact same behavior, so this seems to be a common problem with the backup camera software that many vehicle brands use.

Rich

Banned Member
Reaction score

My wife's BMW recently had a recall for the exact same behavior, so this seems to be a common problem with the backup camera software that many vehicle brands use.
You would think if it was just as easy as the dealer going on an changing a setting to get it back to 10 seconds that it would be as easy to set aux camera with out parameters. Probably is, they just want to be responsible for people who rely on those cameras

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
Someone with AlphaOBD needs to capture before/after logs to see if there's a setting somewhere to modify this...

Rich

Banned Member
Reaction score
I agree with brutal. The article also said to fix it you could go to dealer for a re program or just log onto the internet. Id pay someone with the alpha obd tool, whatever that is, to fix mine to stay on.

Rich

Banned Member
Reaction score

GET FOX BUSINESS ON THE GO BY CLICKING HERE

D

Deleted member 80

The multiple times mine spontaneously turned on the front camera on its own, I could have driven all day and it would be there. Usually, a restart would help it find its azz, again.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
I agree with brutal. The article also said to fix it you could go to dealer for a re program or just log onto the internet. Id pay someone with the alpha obd tool, whatever that is, to fix mine to stay on.

Sadly, that comment was for the most part facetious. There's currently no known way that I'm aware of to hack any of the Uconnect radio settings.

Rich

Banned Member
Reaction score
I hope mine does that an sticks on the aux camera

MikeXM

Reaction score

GET FOX BUSINESS ON THE GO BY CLICKING HERE

Why this post??... same thing as OP's plus an ad for Fox Business?

RVTRKN

Reaction score
I like that when backing and then moving forward to see what’s in the front I can’t see. (Parallel parking comes to mind) I’ll ignore that recall as well as the EPA recall update on the ECM.

Rich

Banned Member
Reaction score
Why this post??... same thing as OP's plus an ad for Fox Business?
Everyone kept asking questions about not getting a notice an hypothesizeing about if we can fix it an how to an I just copied an pasted the post so no one had to find it an keep asking questions. Just trying to keep it as easy as possible so i just put it out there
Ps. Disregard the fox news article, i am by no means what so ever a fan, no way hoe say

RLange

Reaction score

My Company car a Chevy Traverse does the same thing.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
I like that when backing and then moving forward to see what’s in the front I can’t see. (Parallel parking comes to mind) I’ll ignore that recall as well as the EPA recall update on the ECM.

You don't have the surround camera?

RVTRKN

Reaction score
Yes I do, but you have an option to chose the front camera after you come out of reverse for 10 second, and I like that. Using the app takes time to open and chose the front camera.

MikeXM

Reaction score
Well, that answers the question if they will ever let us use the camera continuously while driving... Never going to happen.:(

Users who are viewing this thread