Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Falken Wildpeak a/t3w - good in the rain?

SpeyRam

Reaction score
This has probably been asked a bunch. How good are these tires in the wet? I live out in the wet part of the PacNW and my last set of Nitto's were not that good. Thinking of swapping my factory Firestones for a set. Thanks!

Shots

Reaction score
I had them on my Wrangler and had no issues at all. Good road manners all around and they look good too. Not super aggressive, but not a street tire look either. Not loud, no hydroplaning, and handled snow/ice like a champ. I'm considering them for my Ram.

1709570699531.png

G Mcpherson

Reaction score
I had them on my Mega Dual Rear and they handled the Rain well. The New AT4 review I saw was Very Good Improvement.

AZCummins

Reaction score
Had them on my 2500 when I bought it and they were pretty good in wet conditions, but only had about 8/32nds tread depth when I bought the truck so new they were probably much better. Recently switched to the new Falken Wildpeak RT 01, and have been super impressed in all conditions - dry, wet, snow.

DeadEnd

Reaction score
Replaced my shaking Toyo's with the AT4W's. So far they're much better than the Toyo's. Do well in the rain and are quiet. We'll see how long they last. The new sidewalls look pretty aggressive for an AT tire too!

pizzatots

Reaction score
Replaced my shaking Toyo's with the AT4W's. So far they're much better than the Toyo's. Do well in the rain and are quiet. We'll see how long they last. The new sidewalls look pretty aggressive for an AT tire too!
this is good to hear. after incredibly poor performance of my transforce in the Tahoe snow, I was planning to go with the AT4s

CFE

Reaction score
AT3Ws here on my dually long bed - no issues in the rain. Definitely better than the the OEM nexen trash the truck came with.

AH64ID

Staff member
Reaction score
The wife’s Gladiator came with them in 285/70R17, which for the weight of the rig is wider than I would usually run.

While we don’t have a ton of miles on them yet they have seen mud, snow, ice, slush, and rain. I’m very impressed with these tires.

Why Ram can’t ditch the trashfoce and run these is beyond me, but it’s absolutely ridiculous.

rfullen280

Reaction score
I have 25,000 miles on them on my 2021 2500 Mega Cummins - so far they're wearing better than the Toyos I had prior to them. Great traction in rain, quiet on the road, probably see 30K more miles out of them. Towed about 10k miles with 10,000 lb bumper pull trailer, and about 20,000 miles of highway use on them so far.

56ram2500

Reaction score
This has probably been asked a bunch. How good are these tires in the wet? I live out in the wet part of the PacNW and my last set of Nitto's were not that good. Thinking of swapping my factory Firestones for a set. Thanks!
I looked at the Toyo, Wildpeaks and Cooper at Discount tire, I was shocked at how pricey both the Wildpeask were $340 each, & Toyo $372 each both were a bit over my tire budget so I went with a set of 4 Cooper APT II at $234. each an they have a 60K warranty, their now sitting in my trailer just waiting for the stock trash force to wear out...

AH64ID

Staff member
Reaction score
I looked at the Toyo, Wildpeaks and Cooper at Discount tire, I was shocked at how pricey both the Wildpeask were $340 each, & Toyo $372 each both were a bit over my tire budget so I went with a set of 4 Cooper APT II at $234. each an they have a 60K warranty, their now sitting in my trailer just waiting for the stock trash force to wear out...

Don’t wait on the trashforce to wear out, just ditch the junk. You’ll be much happier.

LegendaryLawman

Legendary Pessimist
Reaction score
The wildpeaks are excellent. Far cheaper than toyos or bfg, quieter, good traction, nice looks, good wear. I’ve ran on multiple trucks, Jeep wrangler etc, when my 24 comes in with the ugly road tires I’ll sell them and install some.

Don’t buy tires are corporate locations like discount tires/ they are usually a rip off.

desertskier

Reaction score
I bought the 4's thinking that they may be phasing out the 3's and if I had to replace a tire in the future I didn't want to mix 3's and 4's.

harrycaldwell

Reaction score
Just got the Falken Wildpeak A/T3W tires and they're absolute champs in the rain! Excellent grip and handling even in wet conditions. Highly recommend these, and a big shoutout to Dan The Tire Man for hooking me up with these fantastic treads!

phatboy64

Reaction score
I have the at3/w in a 37x12.5x20. What is different about the at4 that makes it “HD”? They both seem to have the same specs

G Mcpherson

Reaction score
From looking at the Website it's saying they Updated the LT Tire sizes. Increased Tread Durability and New Rubber Compound.

phatboy64

Reaction score
I see that, but they both are 10 ply, E rated, 126R and have a max payload of 3750lbs, at least on the 37x12.5x20s…not sure what makes them HD now that didn’t before, sounds like marketing…

Hopefully the “Increased tread durability” aka harder rubber doesn’t affect their wet traction capabilitie. The AT3’s are amazing on wet roads. I mentioned in another post, I drove through that heavy rain that flooded upper state NY last summer, raining so hard, the highways we’re like rivers and I has zero issues, same thing in the snow this past winter…I am a Wildpeak Fanboy….

GBB

Reaction score
On my second set of AT3w on my long bed dually, I travel from Alaska to Texas and return each year so the tires are exposed to rain, ice and snow Along with dry pavement. They have been an excellent tire.

Users who are viewing this thread