Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Factory Installed Subwoofer

Big Red 3500

Reaction score
Hello all,
This is my first post. I just purchased a 2024 3500 with the factory installed subwoofer. There is no sound and very little vibration when the radio is on. The dealer says it's working correctly but I don't believe that. I do have the surround sound on. Does anyone know if that's normal or am I missing something?
Thanks

Docwagon1776

Reaction score
Turn off surround sound, assuming you are listening to music. Music is recorded in mono or stereo almost exclusively, trying to play it in surround like a movie typically worsens quality.

See: https://www.autoblog.com/2022/04/20/car-audio-stereo-surround-sound-comparison/ for a more in depth explanation if you care.

Are you streaming or listening to over the air? If streaming, connected via bluetooth or via cable?

jsalbre

Reaction score
Turn off surround sound, assuming you are listening to music. Music is recorded in mono or stereo almost exclusively, trying to play it in surround like a movie typically worsens quality.

See: https://www.autoblog.com/2022/04/20/car-audio-stereo-surround-sound-comparison/ for a more in depth explanation if you care.

Are you streaming or listening to over the air? If streaming, connected via bluetooth or via cable?
I find a lot of music sounds better with surround on, at least on my HK system. There are definitely some songs better without it though.

mountainears

Reaction score
And if you’re listening to Apple Music or some other streaming services they do have a lot of content in spatial or surround.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread