Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Factory alignment and Thuren specs

Crusty old shellback

Reaction score
So, I have a stock '21 Power Wagon with 35" BFGS on stock factory beadlock rims.
I put the tires on at 250 miles on the truck. Truck now has 3485 miles.
I started seeing unusual wear on the outer edge of the front tires. I also had a vibration in the steering wheel between 65 and 70 MPH.
So I decided to take the truck to my alignment guy and have him make adjustements to the Thuren specs.
So the read out shows that the factory toe setting was way out of spec. Also the castor was beyond the Thuren spec.
So after the alignment was complete, road test has no vibration at 65 to 70. I rotated the tires front to back before the alignment so I will be able to tell if there is still a wear issue.
Here is the alignment sheet so you can see how far out it was from the factory.
20211005_102048.jpg

GPurcell01

Reaction score
Did they give you any grief about not wanting to stick with factory specs? I will be doing the same after installing my Thuren kit. I have the same vibration but down at 50mph. Goes away at any other speed.

Crusty old shellback

Reaction score
Nope. I've known the Brothers that run the shop for about a decade. The one who is the shop manager actually called me last year and told me they had changed shops.
They know I'm mechanically inclined and so we discuss a lot of stuff when I'm there. They actually let me help them install my new BFGs on the truck as they know I know what to do. Plus they want to go to Baja with me and help me do pit support for a Trophy Truck race team I support.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score

Users who are viewing this thread