Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Factory 7-pin bed connector

SFC

Reaction score
One option I had to go without in my search for a truck was the factory 5th-wheel/gooseneck package so I'm going to add it myself. Curious if someone that has the package could take a pic of where they mount the 7-pin adapter in the bed from the factory?

Also, does anyone happen to know if there's a part number for the factory harness/receptacle? I was able to find both of the part numbers for the factory gooseneck and 5th wheel prep packages but nothing for the wiring. I guess I can always just do an aftermarket Curt setup if need be, but if the Mopar option isn't egregiously overpriced I'd prefer to go that route.

DownShiftz

Reaction score
One option I had to go without in my search for a truck was the factory 5th-wheel/gooseneck package so I'm going to add it myself. Curious if someone that has the package could take a pic of where they mount the 7-pin adapter in the bed from the factory?

Also, does anyone happen to know if there's a part number for the factory harness/receptacle? I was able to find both of the part numbers for the factory gooseneck and 5th wheel prep packages but nothing for the wiring. I guess I can always just do an aftermarket Curt setup if need be, but if the Mopar option isn't egregiously overpriced I'd prefer to go that route.
Here’s a pic. I can give you some measurements when you are ready to install. 6D6FE366-FBB7-4B7E-B2C5-9681FA45D870.jpeg

DownShiftz

Reaction score
For airing up tires, boat toys, floats, air tools, etc. Part of my on-board air/air bag system.

ahhhr

Reaction score
I was looking to do the same thing.
This one looks like it should fit and includes the wiring / y-connector.
82212195AB

It only has the 7 pin - not the 7 / 4

I ordered Hopkins 41157 Endurance 5th Wheel Wiring Kit because it will arrive tomorrow.

RV_Goose

Reaction score
I was looking to do the same thing.
This one looks like it should fit and includes the wiring / y-connector.
82212195AB

It only has the 7 pin - not the 7 / 4

I ordered Hopkins 41157 Endurance 5th Wheel Wiring Kit because it will arrive tomorrow.

What would use the 4 pin in the bed? Auxiliary lights?

SFC

Reaction score
So we've had a case escalated with Ram for about 2 weeks now trying to figure out the part number for the mounting plate and have apparently stumped everyone in the organization. It's somewhere between humorous and sad that NOBODY can figure out what the part is. Any chance someone with the bed 7-pin wants to pull it off and see if there's a part number on the back of the mounting plate?

DownShiftz

Reaction score
So we've had a case escalated with Ram for about 2 weeks now trying to figure out the part number for the mounting plate and have apparently stumped everyone in the organization. It's somewhere between humorous and sad that NOBODY can figure out what the part is. Any chance someone with the bed 7-pin wants to pull it off and see if there's a part number on the back of the mounting plate?
68453200AA is what I read on mine.

DownShiftz

Reaction score
Only a couple hits on Google and it lists as Cover, Bezel Screw. Only $8 so I have my doubts that is the actual cover and instead it’s the price per screw.

jerryw1000

Reaction score
Might want to research Mopar 82212195AB . It doesn't look like the one in the picture above, or the one in my Laramie, but the fitment list says 2020 2500 and 3500. $79.92 to $84.24 Might be the "add on" model.

1FastHemi

Reaction score

zooroadbaja

Reaction score
I bought the Curt one because its longer then factory and its mounted at the front of the bed, I went this route for the lance camper.

SFC

Reaction score
68453200AA is what I read on mine.

This was indeed the mounting plate, thanks! Ironically it was just the plate, no screws included, but I'm sure I can find screws that will work at the hardware store.

Last edited:

DownShiftz

Reaction score
This was indeed the mounting plate, thanks! Ironically it was just the plate, no screws included, but I'm sure I can find screws that will work at the hardware store.
You're welcome, no problem!

Mike67

Reaction score
Hassle - free, $43 and less likely to get contaminated (i think) if you fill the bed with manure.

My only complaint - the 4 screw heads are nickel plated so i sprayed them black.

https://www.amazon.com/Hopkins-4115...007M5QH4Y/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8

View attachment 7124
No issues with the back of the plug hitting the side wall? I took a look under there and seems to be very little space from the bed wall to the truck side wall, Appreciate the info.

Users who are viewing this thread