Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

EZ down tailgate

Squatch

Reaction score
I imagine most guys interested in upgrading or modifying there trucks have heard of these made by Dee Zee. I was installing a headache rack and bed rails by Magnum. Part of the install includes removing the taillights to bolt down the bed rails. When I removed the right tail light, low and behold, there is 2 little ball studs in there. One mounted to the tailgate and one mounted down below the tailgate inline about 8" apart. Has anyone tried to get a strut to fit on there for an easy drop tailgate? The image is Dee Zee's version. I didn't think to take pictures of the factory ball studs until I was finished with my install.
TailgateAssist-Dodge.jpg
Hey can I ask you how you like that magnum headache rack and how the wiring went? I’m planning on getting the low profile version.

ARR

Reaction score
I ordered, received, and installed the Mopar Damper-Strut 68362518AA . It took about 10 minutes.
Remove passenger side rear tail light. Push strut on to ball studs already in place from factory. Take note of up arrow on the strut for proper installation. Tailgate no longer will slam down.
Thank you for posting the part number. I just installed one on my truck.

Users who are viewing this thread