Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

EZ Connector

Ostracize

Reaction score

Will_T

Reaction score
I have it on my truck and TT. I love it and the company and owner provide top notch customer service if needed. One thing to keep in mind is that you will probably also want two adapters. One so if someone with the regular connector needs to tow your TT, you have it. The other in case you need to tow a trailer without the EZ Connector.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
I don't see any benefit to this. The 7 pin is already an easy connection and rather reliable.

Red Rider

Reaction score
I have it on my truck and TT. I love it and the company and owner provide top notch customer service if needed. One thing to keep in mind is that you will probably also want two adapters. One so if someone with the regular connector needs to tow your TT, you have it. The other in case you need to tow a trailer without the EZ Connector.
How did you mount the connector on the truck side? Did you put it in the location of the existing 7 pin connector or somewhere else?
Thanks

Will_T

Reaction score
I don't see any benefit to this. The 7 pin is already an easy connection and rather reliable.

I would have agreed with this but I had issues when I got the Ram. The connection kept dropping out when I was towing. I thought it was the TT cord side but it ended up being the truck side that had an issue. I knew someone who had the EZ Connector and loved how easy and reliable it was so I just went with it. As I said, I love the way it works. But still, in retrospect, I might have tried having the dealer replace the truck side of the 7 pin connector to see if that fixed things. Only because of the potential hassle of having something on there now that is not standard.

Last edited:

Will_T

Reaction score
How did you mount the connector on the truck side? Did you put it in the location of the existing 7 pin connector or somewhere else?
Thanks
Yes, it is just plug and play behind the bumper using the same hole. However, with the Ram, at least a couple of years ago, they provide a plate that covers part of the hole when you install their connector on the truck.

Users who are viewing this thread