Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Extended Warranty from http://www.buymoparwarranty.com/

jebruns

Reaction score
Very legit. My Max Care extended warranty is through them (Granger).

batman900

Reaction score
Has anyone canceled their extended warranty purchased through the dealer "not third party" and re-purchased through one of these vendors?

Bigspender101

Reaction score
Has anyone canceled their extended warranty purchased through the dealer "not third party" and re-purchased through one of these vendors?
Why would you want to do that? They use the same extended warranties I believe. Mopar and I am not sure what the other one is.

batman900

Reaction score
Why would you want to do that? They use the same extended warranties I believe. Mopar and I am not sure what the other one is.
Because the one through the dealer cost twice what the vendors on here are offering. It would simply be for the refund of the difference in cost. Same warranty.

swolenpasta

Reaction score
Very legit. See thread linked above. Purchased via the website week before last and the warranty information showed up on mopar.com within a couple of hours after order processing confirmation. Highly recommend.

Bigspender101

Reaction score
Very legit. See thread linked above. Purchased via the website week before last and the warranty information showed up on mopar.com within a couple of hours after order processing confirmation. Highly recommend.
Im thinking of pulling the trigger on the 8 year 100,000. Can you haggle on price or are they pretty set on the pricing. I got a quote somewhere where they gave me a so called employee discount.

werard

Reaction score
Im thinking of pulling the trigger on the 8 year 100,000. Can you haggle on price or are they pretty set on the pricing. I got a quote somewhere where they gave me a so called employee discount.

Plug your info in and you will be able to see what they will charge and you can compare that to the other quote you have.

Mikerob14

Reaction score
Are They? From my research that's not the case...but it is what it is
Would you care to share your research with the rest of the class? I’m sure there would be plenty of interested people in here if you have proof to the contrary. You would need to know what the “cost” is for these plans as they vary by vehicle.

Bikel

Reaction score
I was thinking about an extended warranty. But stepped back a bit when saw the dpf isn’t included. Not so sure now

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
I was thinking about an extended warranty. But stepped back a bit when saw the dpf isn’t included. Not so sure now

DPF is covered under Federal Emissions Warranty (5/50K) and (18?) CARB states warranty (7/70K).

I got an 8/60K warranty for all the rest. The electronics are what scare me the most, and I'm in IT, but I'll also time out before miles on the 5/100K powertrain as well and given the great unknown on the new Cummins CGI engine, that's now potentially exposing a lifter/cam issue, glad I did. Considering the few miles I tend to put on the truck, my cost was very low.

Bikel

Reaction score
DPF is covered under Federal Emissions Warranty (5/50K) and (18?) CARB states warranty (7/70K).

I got an 8/60K warranty for all the rest. The electronics are what scare me the most, and I'm in IT, but I'll also time out before miles on the 5/100K powertrain as well and given the great unknown on the new Cummins CGI engine, that's now potentially exposing a lifter/cam issue, glad I did. Considering the few miles I tend to put on the truck, my cost was very low.
Is that the maximum care warranty?

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score

Not sure what point you're trying to make.

I stated the DPF is covered under the Federal Emissions Warranty and CARB. I never stated it's covered under Maxcare and have pointed out it's not covered in every thread related to every warranty discussion.

I'll post my comment here again with emphasis on the key words.

I got an 8/60K warranty for all the rest.
The electronics are what scare me the most, and I'm in IT, but I'll also time out before miles on the 5/100K powertrain as well and given the great unknown on the new Cummins CGI engine, that's now potentially exposing a lifter/cam issue, glad I did. Considering the few miles I tend to put on the truck, my cost was very low.

Users who are viewing this thread