Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Exhaust System Service Required See Dealer

Leadchuncker

Reaction score
Light just came on, DPF gauge is at 25%, Edge CTS3 says 78%.
It’s getting close to the 24 hour regen and is using Def normally..
Now What ?

Leadchuncker

Reaction score
I shut the truck off, let every thing power down, started it back , the message went away and isn’t stored in the messages.

AH64ID

Staff member
Reaction score
If the DPF soot level doesn’t trigger a regen you have at least 7 hours until your next 24 hour regen. I’d keep driving it and see what happens, could have been a computer glitch.

That is a DPF message, so DEF usage is immaterial.

Leadchuncker

Reaction score
If the DPF soot level doesn’t trigger a regen you have at least 7 hours until your next 24 hour regen. I’d keep driving it and see what happens, could have been a computer glitch.
Thought it was odd it didn’t store the message. It’s been setting for around 30min and thought to go take it a spin and see what happens

Leadchuncker

Reaction score

That is a DPF message, so DEF usage is immaterial.
So I did a 15 mile ride kinda fast, no light.
The Edge jumped up to 94% but went back to 80%
The DPF gauge jumped to 30% but went back to 25%
Only one time have I seen it do a active regen at 25% with the edge at 100%
Egt 3 got up to 750 degrees and it’s 85 degrees outside temp.
Maybe it had a blockage, a glitch, or something but at least the message is gone.

AH64ID

Staff member
Reaction score
Sounds like you’re getting some passive regen, and that soot loading is driving your CTS %age instead of time.

I’d just drive it and see if it pops back up.

Any towing in the near future?

If it goes into regen before the 24 hour mark I have found those regens to last much longer (nearly 2x as long), so I would let it finish before shutting it off. There is more to clean out.

Leadchuncker

Reaction score
Sounds like you’re getting some passive regen, and that soot loading is driving your CTS %age instead of time.

I’d just drive it and see if it pops back up.

Any towing in the near future?

If it goes into regen before the 24 hour mark I have found those regens to last much longer (nearly 2x as long), so I would let it finish before shutting it off. There is more to clean out.
Once a month I’ve been hitting the interstate for a 50 mile run with the cruse set on 80mph. Lately I’ve had mixed towing and thought the interstate run would help keep it clean. Active regens are usually 30min to 40min, have never had one exceed that.

AH64ID

Staff member
Reaction score
Woah, those are much longer than my regens. 10-15 minutes on a 24 hour regen and 20-25 on a soot load driven one is what I normally see.

Leadchuncker

Reaction score
Woah, those are much longer than my regens. 10-15 minutes on a 24 hour regen and 20-25 on a soot load driven one is what I normally see.
I always drive it out, it’s 30 to 40 miles from start to finish, always been like that.

AH64ID

Staff member
Reaction score
I always drive it out, it’s 30 to 40 miles from start to finish, always been like that.

Interesting. If I hit a 24 hour regen while on the highway it’s 10-12 miles usually. The soot loading ones I’ve had have been off the highway and are usually 20-25 miles, but I'm going slower so they take longer.

DAMONDENG

Reaction score
Hi,Did you fix this problem yet ? I still didn't fix this problem . come with lim mode . with code p0087

Users who are viewing this thread