Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Etoimos' 2022 Power Wagon Build

GODZ_MFG

Reaction score
Snow plow mounts?

Everyone confuses the compatibility brackets with snow plow mounts.

Compatibility brackets, commonly used for snow plows. Regardless of there name, if these brackets are removed, our intercooler guard cannot be installed. Conversely, on 3500 models these brackets are not stock so we include them in the kit when purchased from us.

UglyViking

Reaction score
Compatibility brackets, commonly used for snow plows. Regardless of there name, if these brackets are removed, our intercooler guard cannot be installed. Conversely, on 3500 models these brackets are not stock so we include them in the kit when purchased from us.
I can't speak to all brands, but the snow plow brands I've seen are all mounted directly to the frame, not to the compatibility/crash brackets. Just because of the snarky response here is the instructions from Boss telling you to remove the bracket, and here is one from Western, and even for more lolz, here is one for the 4th gens from Western. Since Western and Fisher are owned by the same company, theirs is obviously the same (but here is the link if you wanna check).

Ok, ok, but for sure snowdogg uses them? Guess not for their 2019s. Maybe their 4th gens? Nope.

But for sure, commonly used…

I'll leave it at that, since this isn't my thread, nor a general topic thread.

GODZ_MFG

Reaction score
I can't speak to all brands, but the snow plow brands I've seen are all mounted directly to the frame, not to the compatibility/crash brackets. Just because of the snarky response here is the instructions from Boss telling you to remove the bracket, and here is one from Western, and even for more lolz, here is one for the 4th gens from Western. Since Western and Fisher are owned by the same company, theirs is obviously the same (but here is the link if you wanna check).

Ok, ok, but for sure snowdogg uses them? Guess not for their 2019s. Maybe their 4th gens? Nope.

But for sure, commonly used…

I'll leave it at that, since this isn't my thread, nor a general topic thread.

We stand corrected. Thanks for the information!

Etoimos

Reaction score
If you have the digital rear view mirror your truck should be wired for the optional trailer brake camera. I bought the Mopar trailer camera kit and added it to the RTT I have mounted on my truck. The trailer camera gives you several features like tilt down in reverse and the ability to move the view from right to left and up and down through the rear mirror.
I have that and use it on my OGT trail already. This way I only had to buy the extended cable and 3D print a housing for it... and I don't have wires running up the outside of my truck in the rear.

Soapy

Reaction score
I ran my wires behind the bumper and up into the bed through the rear tailgate support and then to the RTT so I don't have wires on the outside of the bed. I thought about using the extension but have mine setup so I can pull the RTT and rack and wanted to retain the bed camera. With you using both cameras you have the best of both worlds and can easily see the front of your trailer.

Etoimos

Reaction score
I ran my wires behind the bumper and up into the bed through the rear tailgate support and then to the RTT so I don't have wires on the outside of the bed. I thought about using the extension but have mine setup so I can pull the RTT and rack and wanted to retain the bed camera. With you using both cameras you have the best of both worlds and can easily see the front of your trailer.
I also have the 360° bird's eye camera system for my trailer, but I've not installed that yet. I'm not sure how that works in conjunction with the normal trailer back up camera and/or the truck's 360° view.

Right now I can keep and eye on the cargo in the bed via the cargo camera, the hitch area via the backup camera, the RTT on top of the trailer via the rear view mirror camera, and behind the trailer via the trail backup camera. Technology is pretty sweet these days!

Users who are viewing this thread