Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ENDED Free* Multiple items

You in it to win it?

• Yep, I absolutely want to win this, my hands are torn up AF

• Meh, I'll follow along and contribute but I'm good unless the mystery item shows up

• I just put you on ignore, I don't have time for this nonsense

• I'm not in the U.S. and hoping for a helping hand from someone.

• I just really, really, really like polls.

• Tacos

Results are only viewable after voting.

44Dan44

Reaction score
Free* Multiple items, but there’s a catch.
IMG_0554.JPG

Please read thoroughly, you’ve been told in life, ‘there’s no free lunch’ and that’s true here too.

FREE; frēē, adjective
a: having the legal and political rights of a citizen
b: enjoying civil and political liberty
a free people
c: enjoying political independence or freedom from outside domination
these united colonies are, and of right ought to be free and independent States
— Declaration of Independence
d: not subject to the control or domination of another
2: made or done as a matter of choice and right : not compelled or restricted
no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof
— U.S. Constitution amend. I
a free and voluntary confession
: relieved from or lacking a burden (as a lien or other encumbrance on title)
a buyer in ordinary course of business…takes free of a security interest created by the buyer's seller
— Uniform Commercial Code
: not bound, confined, or detained by force
free on bail
5a
: having no trade restrictions
b
: not subject to government regulation
c
of foreign exchange : not subject to restriction or official control
: not costing or charging anything

In this case we will employ Websters definition at 6 above but could arguably be at odds with 2 above as you are either compelled or restricted to take advantage of “free”.
Shipping is on me to the U.S. only. Sorry, other country places, its nothing against you, its me. I cannot even with the post office and the customs nonsense. See Recipient 5 below however for a chance to win.

This free giveaway is a thanks to all who take the time to post helpful responses on the forum.

Item 1 recipient:
The person who posts the OLDEST quote from this forum (made by themselves) onto this thread demonstrating helpful advice to someone seeking assistance or knowledge. Oldest Wins

Item 2 recipient:
The person who posts a quote from any OTHER forum member that has greatly helped them and saved them a lot of money by keeping them from making a mistake. Most Money Saved Wins

Item 3 recipient:
The person who bumps this thread and promotes this thread the most to allow the most members to see it and get a chance at free stuff before the deadline. Best marketing agent / promoter wins.

Item 4 recipient: The person who posts a picture of the roughest/dirtiest hands that could really use some gloves. Must follow classifieds section rules and include a handwritten note with your user name and a date within the date range of this giveaway. Sketchiest hands in combination with best photography win. Note, it’s plural, hands, both them so you’ll need a hand (pun intended) to take a good photo.

Items 5 recipient:
The person who identifies themselves and coordinates with a fellow member outside the U.S. to receive a set of gloves and ship them on to someone out of country (at their own expense) will receive a pair for themselves.

Item 6 recipient: POWER WAGON EDITION
The rest of the gloves are Ram branded, I have only 1 Power Wagon branded to give away.
The person who posts a picture of themselves, in the same photo with a Power Wagon and a handwritten sticky note within date range of this giveaway attached to their shirt. Best beard, mustache or hair wins in combination with best photography.

Some Rules:
One item per, you can only win one pair, though you are welcome to compete for all the categories to increase your chances.

Some of these are subjective so if there is debate, let the members decide the winner.

Obviously you’ll need to give me your shipping address to receive your gloves, if you aren’t comfortable with that please don’t attempt to win, a pair of gloves floating through the country to a fake address helps no one, let somebody else win. I’m in Friendship Maryland if anybody would rather pick up in person. I will most likely ship UPS but a flat rate envelope from the Post Office could work out better for me. TBD

I would like to ship to all winners in one trip to town so if you win please provide your shipping address via Private Message in a timely manner so you don’t hold up the other winners or cost me extra trips and fuel.

You must have at least 20 posts or been registered for 2 months by the end of this giveaway.

Lets go with an end date of February 28 or 500 posts on this thread whichever comes first to give people a chance who may not have checked in recently to see this thread.

Keep your eye on every post in this thread, its POSSIBLE that during the run of this giveaway I MAY add an additional recipient category, hereafter referred to as the
‘mysteriously cryptic item number 7 item which is not gloves and may not even be Ram branded but will very certainly be cool or useful to many people’

If you really like the gloves and want to purchase them for yourselves they are available from Ram Outfitter, My sister who is the worst gifter in the history of Christmas gifters gave me a gift card for branded merchandise and apparel rather than a useful parts or accessories gift card. So I spent it all gloves rather than let it go to waste as I’m typically not a person who advertises at my own expense for a companies logo’d apparel.

Last edited:

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
2 strikes against me i guess. I am in canada land of the unfree and taxed. And my big ol' mitts don't fit in to large gloves lol.

Nd79

Reaction score
I worked on one of our cars today and remembered this post, so I had my wife take a picture of my hands before I got cleaned up. I usually don't bust my knuckles this bad, and have definitely had my hands dirtier before but thought I'd throw my name in the hat and see what happens! Also, I could use a new pair of gloves to keep in my truck for my warmer months work. Added some pictures of my current ones for fun.

This forum is definitely awesome and I have received lots of help from multiple members over the past couple years!

Good luck to everyone.

Attachments

• PXL_20230204_184733041.jpg
    PXL_20230204_184733041.jpg
    664.3 KB · Views: 39
  • PXL_20230204_184707926.jpg
    PXL_20230204_184707926.jpg
    527.2 KB · Views: 37
  • PXL_20230204_184216062.jpg
    PXL_20230204_184216062.jpg
    637.1 KB · Views: 36
  • PXL_20230204_184213992.jpg
    PXL_20230204_184213992.jpg
    703.6 KB · Views: 36
  • PXL_20230204_174140301.MP.jpg
    PXL_20230204_174140301.MP.jpg
    408 KB · Views: 36

Nd79

Reaction score
Ooops, just saw I'm supposed to put a note with username and date. I'll update soon.... Hands are all cleaned up now lol!

Attachments

• PXL_20230206_000332652.jpg
    PXL_20230206_000332652.jpg
    306.3 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:

Crusty old shellback

Reaction score
Man, I'd be all over the PW 75 gloves. But with my neanderthal short fat stubby hands, I doubt they will fit. Even XL gloves from Harbor Freight are too small

44Dan44

Reaction score
Well that went over like a fart in church.

Congratulations to @Nd79 PM me your shipping address and I'll get you out Friday at the latest.

Nd79

Reaction score
Awesome, I appreciate you trying to do something cool for everyone on the site. There are definitely guys on here who contribute much much more then I. Maybe @Brutal_HO and @Jimmy07 could be some of the other "winners" with everything they do and contribute to the forums. There are a lot of other great members too like @Rockcrawlerdude and @ramblinChet and I've personally received direct help on my truck from @LateToTheParty and @Linked4door. Just some suggestions if your looking for something to do with some of the other prizes.

I'll definitely be putting those gloves to good use here soon as my busy season working my truck is just about to ramp up.

Thanks again @44Dan44 !

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
FWIW, I probably couldn't get in the x-large gloves unless they run big and a PW owner is more deserving.

Nd79

Reaction score
Just wanted to show off my "winnings" I received from @44Dan44... Pretty cool of him to put all of this together (he even included a few things for my kiddos) and way more then I was expecting. For him to go out of his way to do this for a random forum member got me thinking... I want to try and continue this good thing in some way. Keep a lookout for my own giveaway coming up in the buy/sell forum!

Attachments

• PXL_20230309_001456416.jpg
    PXL_20230309_001456416.jpg
    572.2 KB · Views: 15

Nd79

Reaction score
We could make this thread the starter or create a new "Pay it forward" thread...

We do this on a local gun board.

Free sh i t , just pay shipping.
I like the idea of a "pay it forward" thread

What I have in mind for my giveaway would require local pickup/meet but I think that would work ok as it seems like we have a fair amount of Colorado guys on here.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
In for @Brutal_HO ‘s upcoming gun giveaway

Spare LPK? Only missing the pins, springs, levers, etc... basically it's only the GI trigger.

I also have a free blade/brace if you want to become an instant felon.

(that reminds me to get the wife over to the kiosk for prints on her day off to e-file my next form1).

Users who are viewing this thread