Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Emissions compliant tunes who has them and how do you like them?

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Are you aware of studies that are different? Can you link me to them, legit curious.
I wish i could but that was a few years ago i saw a couple different ones and i dont save any of that crap as i could really care less because does not matter what is true the government's have their own narratives i bet the independent studies were probably forcefully taken down by now anyhow

UglyViking

Reaction score
Well if you do find any I'd be interested in seeing them. Back to regularly scheduled program, I love my Calibrated tunes. If I had a CP3 from factory I probably would have done it week one.

rfs830

Reaction score
When I had my 2020, i installed CPS tunes installed the second day of owning the truck. I used the race tune as I loved the power it gave on the highway as this was my dd. Lots of great power. I did not feel that I used a lot of def as well as I drove 1500 miles a month. I did not have the sotf as it was not out at that time but if I ger a 23, cps tunes will be one of my first mods.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
Hate to thread jack, but I'm with you. The planet is 4.5billion years old, if you turn that into a timeline giving every decade an Inch, that timeline would be 7100 miles long, so basically the distance from NYC to Taiwan in nautical miles. What do we have, 200? maybe 250 years of well documented weather data? So that's 20 - 25" of that timeline to determine the climate patterns we're experiencing are man made or part of a natural climate pattern, doesn't seem like enough data to me... Just something to think about.

Anyway, that being said, I have no desire to delete, I live in NJ and don't need that kinda negativity in my life. I'm looking forward to getting an emissions intact tune, but I'm probably going to go with a plug & play piggyback style tune from banks or edge so I can completely remove it without a trace should a warranty issue ever arise.

Edge..., ugh. Please don't.

relbus

Reaction score
Just got back from the cabin. Drove about 1200 miles since I installed the tunes Friday afternoon. Spent the weekend towing boats to the marina, storage unit, pulling boats out of the water, etc. and all sorts of close the cabin for the season jobs. I love this truck!

Truck definitely feels like it has more power. I’m anxious to drive it more around town. Most of the miles I logged were highway and 2 lanes @ 65mph+. I’ve been having some back issues so it was hard to concentrate on the driving experience as I was in so much pain this weekend.

More impressions to follow as I drive it more. I ran sport setting for much of the ride to the cabin (80Hp), ands I switched to light tow (60HP) when I got up there and began shuttling boats and trailers around. Fuel MPG seems to have increased a tad (17.5mpg) cruise was set at 85mph most of the way up.

Pics or it didn’t happen…
522d501bf0cb2b8362b38a9bf0c4893b.jpg

00bf48dbd06d9217f1969b75e73898ea.jpg

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
When I had my 2020, i installed CPS tunes installed the second day of owning the truck. I used the race tune as I loved the power it gave on the highway as this was my dd. Lots of great power. I did not feel that I used a lot of def as well as I drove 1500 miles a month. I did not have the sotf as it was not out at that time but if I ger a 23, cps tunes will be one of my first mods.
They have not even cracked the 2022 ecm yet so good luck on a 2023

DasBoot

Reaction score
Just got back from the cabin. Drove about 1200 miles since I installed the tunes Friday afternoon. Spent the weekend towing boats to the marina, storage unit, pulling boats out of the water, etc. and all sorts of close the cabin for the season jobs. I love this truck!

Truck definitely feels like it has more power. I’m anxious to drive it more around town. Most of the miles I logged were highway and 2 lanes @ 65mph+. I’ve been having some back issues so it was hard to concentrate on the driving experience as I was in so much pain this weekend.

More impressions to follow as I drive it more. I ran sport setting for much of the ride to the cabin (80Hp), ands I switched to light tow (60HP) when I got up there and began shuttling boats and trailers around. Fuel MPG seems to have increased a tad (17.5mpg) cruise was set at 85mph most of the way up.

Pics or it didn’t happen…
522d501bf0cb2b8362b38a9bf0c4893b.jpg

00bf48dbd06d9217f1969b75e73898ea.jpg
Were you using one of their SOTF tunes or a single tune file? I just got my tunes from Calibrated and am trying to decide which to use.

Last edited:

flan

Reaction score
47A568AC-03ED-4419-8D3B-0A5656C2C1BB.jpeg

This looks tasty for EB memory alone!

Riddick

Reaction score
Two vendors are supporting the 22 platforms. It's very pricey however, I am not sure if vendors are purchasing blank ECMs or wiping existing ECMs clean. Either way the ECU you run will have to be bench flashed, after the initial flash you can tune via EZ Lynk.
They have not even cracked the 2022 ecm yet so good luck on a 2023

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Two vendors are supporting the 22 platforms. It's very pricey however, I am not sure if vendors are purchasing blank ECMs or wiping existing ECMs clean. Either way the ECU you run will have to be bench flashed, after the initial flash you can tune via EZ Lynk.
I am aware of that my post was before they came out with the 22 crack

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
I have a hard time believing this is going to output the numbers they claim, but we will see. It would simplify the process quite a bit.
Whats hard to believe my tuner has dyno sheets showing 150hp gain with a stock truck

UglyViking

Reaction score
Whats hard to believe my tuner has dyno sheets showing 150hp gain with a stock truck
Because the best emissions on tuners (arguably PPEI and Calibrated Power) support 100hp and 130hp over stock. Now, Calibrated rates it at RWHP, and PPEI just states a HP level, so I assume it's at the crank. Either way, both are doing actual mapping, not just hijacking a few of the params, and they are both rated about what this thing is rated for. Just doesn't seem likely since they have far fewer mappings they get to adjust.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Because the best emissions on tuners (arguably PPEI and Calibrated Power) support 100hp and 130hp over stock. Now, Calibrated rates it at RWHP, and PPEI just states a HP level, so I assume it's at the crank. Either way, both are doing actual mapping, not just hijacking a few of the params, and they are both rated about what this thing is rated for. Just doesn't seem likely since they have far fewer mappings they get to adjust.
Where do you get that its not changing anything it is basically the same as an EFI live device im sure they will have an unlock cable (canbus bypass) in the box

The stealth module is how you are describing but it plugs in to different sensors to fool the system but anything that plugs in the OBD2 port has to be changing the power map otherwise it would just be dead weight as it cant change parameters without flashing the ECM just how the tuners work

Where it says press a few buttons most likely means to get it to preform the flash. Either way quality tuning is always better than an out of the box tuner

Riddick

Reaction score
Where do you get that its not changing anything it is basically the same as an EFI live device im sure they will have an unlock cable (canbus bypass) in the box

The stealth module is how you are describing but it plugs in to different sensors to fool the system but anything that plugs in the OBD2 port has to be changing the power map otherwise it would just be dead weight as it cant change parameters without flashing the ECM just how the tuners work

Where it says press a few buttons most likely means to get it to preform the flash. Either way quality tuning is always better than an out of the box tuner

Spot on! The device linked above is a HP Tuners RTD flash device in a fancy yellow case with custom loaded Hardway tunes specific for your truck. Its good to see HP tuners getting more involved with this platform. This will reflash your ECM, do not confuse this with Edge, Stealth, or Derringer products which intercept signals and trick the computer.

Type: Flash Device
Device Manufacturer: HP Tuners
Custom Tunes: Hardway Performance

Last edited:

UglyViking

Reaction score
I guess I'll be curious to how it works. Perhaps its the same where you load any other tune? I hope this is a legit tune, and not simply another inline box.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
I guess I'll be curious to how it works. Perhaps its the same where you load any other tune? I hope this is a legit tune, and not simply another inline box.
It is a legit tune actually calibrated sells tunes on HP tuner devices aswell so its not really any different they are just trying to promote it as a simple to use device. I think using the cruise to change the levels is neat but im not sure how they display what level its in

Enve46

Reaction score
In my experience, flashing tunes goes through the OBD port so this really shouldn't be any different

Users who are viewing this thread