Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Emission readiness status

Wheelz

Reaction score
Hey Gang,

So my truck is coming up for registration but I have 3 emission readiness statuses not ready, Catalyst, EGR, and PM filter. Since they are in a not ready status, I would fail smog. I'm assuming these are related to a Regen cycle? Any suggestion how to force them to "Ready" status?
Well, this all started when the smog tech went to pull my truck into the engine bay for the smog test. The fool, drove my truck using my handicap hand-controls and set off the electronic throttle light CEL. I've done it and I know how it sets the CEL. Well that automatically failed me. Since I had to clear the code, it reset the truck emissions readiness statuses.

Is there a drive cycle I can do? Can AlfaObd do it? Or do I need to bring it into the dealership to force the rediness statuses to "ready". My DPF % gauge is at zero. I'm in a cruch since my registration is due in a week. I've already driven my truck over 600 miles and these are the last 3 that are not ready.

firemansdiesel

Reaction score
City driving or stop and go will reset the parameters quicker than long highway speeds. It will take a few hundred miles to reset showing everything is functioning. Anytime the truck gets flashed or sets a code. A reset will need with drive cycles.

Also has nothing really to do with regens only.

Wheelz

Reaction score
Ah..I would've thought the system is looking for a regen cycle cause of the 3 systems needed to be ready. Thanks for the insite.

PRS

Reaction score
The reset of the monitors requires two regens. I don’t know if stationary regens meet the requirements.

Attachments

• Emissions Monitors Drive Cycle.pdf
    83.4 KB · Views: 29

werard

Reaction score
Hey Gang,

So my truck is coming up for registration but I have 3 emission readiness statuses not ready, Catalyst, EGR, and PM filter. Since they are in a not ready status, I would fail smog. I'm assuming these are related to a Regen cycle? Any suggestion how to force them to "Ready" status?
Well, this all started when the smog tech went to pull my truck into the engine bay for the smog test. The fool, drove my truck using my handicap hand-controls and set off the electronic throttle light CEL. I've done it and I know how it sets the CEL. Well that automatically failed me. Since I had to clear the code, it reset the truck emissions readiness statuses.

Is there a drive cycle I can do? Can AlfaObd do it? Or do I need to bring it into the dealership to force the rediness statuses to "ready". My DPF % gauge is at zero. I'm in a cruch since my registration is due in a week. I've already driven my truck over 600 miles and these are the last 3 that are not ready.

As long as you pay your reg fees they will just hold your tags until you get the smog cert.

Users who are viewing this thread