Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Electrical problems 700 miles into my new RAM 2500

eedrew

Reaction score
I'm fully aware that, if there are going to be problems, they're likely to show up early. That doesn't help shave away the disappointment that my truck is having a speed sensor issue on the left front... and it'll be five days to get a new one in. To add insult to injury, on the drive home from the dealer the tire pressure system also went out. Dealer says to wait until it warms up to see if that resolves itself.

Oh, and my 7.1" UConnect has lost my speed-dial buttons twice now since ownership (owned the truck about 3 weeks). I have no idea what is causing it... but it is getting old. Anyone else had this trouble?

I've also been having some Android Auto issues, which might very well be Android/Google's fault. But that is frustrating because I was hoping these connections/systems were better after my 2017 Honda Ridgeline totally stopped working with Android Auto after about a year of owning it (bought it used, so truck was actually 2 years old when the android auto quit working).

Details:
  • 2021 RAM 2500 Tradesman 6.4L Gas
  • Under 700 miles total on the truck (followed manual break-in, and continue to when towing)
  • Purchased about 3 weeks ago with 7 miles on it.
More Details: We're having a terrible cold snap here, and temperature were around -16. While that is unusual in this part of the country, I'm sure they sell these things in Canada, right?!??!

Having that speed sensor out disables the following systems:
  • 4x4 Shifting (even with a manual transfer case)
  • Antilock brakes
  • Stability Assist/Traction Assist/Etc.
  • Trailer Braking
  • Cruise Control
  • Patience from the Owner
This is a bad time for that as the roads are snow covered, and the snow has drifted in some places bad enough that, while I haven't gotten stuck yet, there is a reason I bought a 4x4 pickup.

I'm pretty annoyed, to say the least. I'm wondering if anyone else has had either of these troubles. Did a quick search of the forum and didn't find anything regarding the speed sensor.

FYI, dealer was willing to send me home in a paid-for rental car, but not a truck, and certainly not a truck with a gooseneck hitch. Not sure how I was supposed to get work done for a week while I wait for the part... so I'm just putting up with the disabled systems. The most annoying so far being the lack of 4x4.

Users who are viewing this thread