Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Duratrac RT's

Gman1988

Reaction score
Just wanted to provide some input for anyone looking to upgrade. I had the stock tires replaced at the dealership at the point of sale. I really liked what was on the new 2500 Rebels. When I found out they were the Duratracs, I was pleasantly surprised. I had Duratracks on my Power Wagon and liked them for the most part. When I ordered the new Duratracs, the dealership was good to point out that the RT's were a newer tire that had the 3 peak rating, Load range E and a Kevlar side wall.

I really like how they look on my truck but wondered how they would perform. There was a bit of road noise added compared to the stock tires but nothing crazy at all. I put them to use for the first time this last weekend. I drove from Washington to Idaho round trip just over 2k miles. most of the trip was windy blowing snow and ice covered roads. One lane remained fairly open on the highways except the mountain passes. The only time I felt any slipping was changing from one late to another at speed or on a couple pf occasions on the very icy parts. I could feel a bit of side to side slipping but nothing I was ever concerned about. Starting from a dead start on the snow and ice I felt slipping of course but that is to be expected. Overall, amazing performance on wet and snow with the new Duratrac's. I never had to shift to 4x4 even in the worst conditions. Just kept em pointed forward and adjusted speed for the conditions. I have to admit.... after getting used to them I was probably lured into being overly confident. I kept finding myself going the speed limit and having to back off a little.

I fully endorse the new tires.... I didn't even carry any additional weight in the bed! I bought chains just in case, but I feel like I wouldn't need them unless it was a situation where I probably shouldn't be out on the roads anyway.

AH64ID

Staff member
Reaction score
I like the looks of those!

I really need to ditch the trashforce tires sooner than later.

tchur1

Reaction score
Ya these look good, I wish they made them in a larger size than ~33". This fits the profile of a tire for my use case really well.

AH64ID

Staff member
Reaction score
Ya these look good, I wish they made them in a larger size than ~33". This fits the profile of a tire for my use case really well.

Have to jump up to 20’s. Which works for me since I want to run 285/65R20’s.

Rockcrawlindude

a rock crawlin’ dude
Reaction score
Love my non-rt duratracs. Good alternative for people who don’t need the 3 leak rating to save a few bucks. They ride so much better than the nittos they replaced.

My 285/75-18 are close to the same height as the 37x12.50 maxxis on my Jeep
IMG_4500.jpeg

tchur1

Reaction score
Have to jump up to 20’s. Which works for me since I want to run 285/65R20’s.
Ya Im on method 701hds which are 18 and I won’t be going away from them so unfortunately these tires are out. Bummer because they look great.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
They look like a decent tire slightly less aggressive than the originals, i would stick to the originals for my use but this would fit most peoples use well

AH64ID

Staff member
Reaction score
Well I ordered a set. Should get them on this week.

Went with 285/60R20’s. After reading some verbiage in my maxcare and mopar tire warranty I opted for stock size, plus I don’t want to have to lift my 5th wheel anymore. It’s already on the verge of nose high.

Users who are viewing this thread