Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dual cube led fog lights for 2019+

Marcross1009

Reaction score
I am wanting to add dual cube led fog lights to my 2021 Tradesman, I would plan on using a switch pro style switch and one white led fog and one amber on each side and be able to pick one or the other/ both if I want. But that's not the issue I'm running into, the issue I have is I can find the brackets for up to a 2018 but nothing 2019+, so my question is I wonder how different they are, could I make the bracket from the older model work with minor mods? I have not even got under the truck yet and looked at the situation, just wondered if anyone has attempted/ completed this mod. Here is the bracket I was referencing.
Screenshot_20220101-154406.png

Linked4door

Reaction score
Mounting points are way different, and the 2019 have a front bezels the older gens didn't have. Even if you leave the bezel off I doubt you be able to get duals to fit. But nothing is impossible with a cutoff wheel and welder lol.

Alternatively you and add a led light bar in the center of the bumber and or ditch lights above the hood. Either or both of those along with single led posd that bolt in will probably be easier, faster, and look better.

Also worth noting, most led pods now have amber covers that can snap on. That would be the cheapest route.

Below is a pic of factory led, bracket, and bezel on top. With factory halogen bezel, bracket, and aftermarket pod light on the bottom. When I was installing my amber led's I noticed how little room their was to get to the bolts back their.

Me personally I went with amber led pods and will add white ditch light once they ship. But honestly the Amber's alone are good enough, only running ditch lights for dirt roads with no oncoming traffic.

Attachments

• 20211229_182845.jpg
    20211229_182845.jpg
    280.1 KB · Views: 95

Marcross1009

Reaction score
Mounting points are way different, and the 2019 have a front bezels the older gens didn't have. Even if you leave the bezel off I doubt you be able to get duals to fit. But nothing is impossible with a cutoff wheel and welder lol.

Alternatively you and add a led light bar in the center of the bumber and or ditch lights above the hood. Either or both of those along with single led posd that bolt in will probably be easier, faster, and look better.

Also worth noting, most led pods now have amber covers that can snap on. That would be the cheapest route.

Below is a pic of factory led, bracket, and bezel on top. With factory halogen bezel, bracket, and aftermarket pod light on the bottom. When I was installing my amber led's I noticed how little room their was to get to the bolts back their.

Me personally I went with amber led pods and will add white ditch light once they ship. But honestly the Amber's alone are good enough, only running ditch lights for dirt roads with no oncoming traffic.
Thanks, that was the kind of info I was looking for, may go Amber bar and Factory style led fogs for daily driving. I've been in more fog than normal since I bought this truck and is why I'm looking for ambers, but still want whites for daily duty. Also what are some good light bar mounts for 2019+ behind lower grill?

Last edited:

Linked4door

Reaction score
Thanks, that was the kind of info I was looking for, may go Amber bar and Factory style led fogs for daily driving. I've been in more fog than normal since I bought this truck and is why I'm looking for ambers, but still want whites for daily duty. Also what are some good light bar mounts for 2019+ behind lower grill?
Super expensive,, but as close to bolton as you will get..

This guy put in a ruff country cree light but doesn't show pics of how its brackets are mounted.

And here is a different bumper that will let you do the quad lights after the bumper swap.

McHenry2500

Reaction score
Following; I've been interested in doing something similar to my truck.

Marcross1009

Reaction score
Following; I've been interested in doing something similar to my truck.
Well I did find out there is no bar running across the front center to mount a light bar normally, there are like 2 options I have found.
1. iJDMTOY Lower Grille Mount 20-Inch LED Light Bar Compatible With 2020-up Dodge RAM 2500 3500, Includes 120W High Power LED Lightbar, Behind Lower Bumper Mesh Mounting Brackets & On/Off Switch Wire https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08WJNX1SB/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_glt_fabc_ZTVM2ARE7B6QVZM58CDH
2. https://www.4wheelparts.com/p/2019-...fxTuWYQjRfWhjAPxAKiU6ee_4ZbRXqrAaAsA1EALw_wcB

The first one is $127 and is a semi simple bracket, that really could be made fairly easily. The second one has good looking brackets but I'm not paying $700+ for a 20" light bar. I'm thinking about ordering the first to be able to make a drawing of the brackets, and either machine some out of aluminum angle or 3D print some(and send the kit back to Amazon, again I'm not paying $127 for brackets to mount a better light bar to.

As far as the dual cube fogs, if they will fit in the opening in the bumper, I don't think modifying the brackets from the picture in the first post would be too hard to do.
I'm still deciding which route I want to go, may do both.

McHenry2500

Reaction score
Well I did find out there is no bar running across the front center to mount a light bar normally, there are like 2 options I have found.
1. iJDMTOY Lower Grille Mount 20-Inch LED Light Bar Compatible With 2020-up Dodge RAM 2500 3500, Includes 120W High Power LED Lightbar, Behind Lower Bumper Mesh Mounting Brackets & On/Off Switch Wire https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08WJNX1SB/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_glt_fabc_ZTVM2ARE7B6QVZM58CDH
2. https://www.4wheelparts.com/p/2019-Ram-3500-Baja-DesignsBaja-Designs-S8-20"-Driving-Combo-Bumper-Light-Kit-448030/_/R-FGXX-448030?ppcfon=1&gp=1&ecmp=p:google_9816039562_98101475017__pla-864881123946&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=SC Shopping - Brand/Number - MEDIUM MARGIN&gclid=Cj0KCQiAw9qOBhC-ARIsAG-rdn6bBNNmCZ8DjL4g3NjKI7HfxTuWYQjRfWhjAPxAKiU6ee_4ZbRXqrAaAsA1EALw_wcB

The first one is $127 and is a semi simple bracket, that really could be made fairly easily. The second one has good looking brackets but I'm not paying $700+ for a 20" light bar. I'm thinking about ordering the first to be able to make a drawing of the brackets, and either machine some out of aluminum angle or 3D print some(and send the kit back to Amazon, again I'm not paying $127 for brackets to mount a better light bar to.

As far as the dual cube fogs, if they will fit in the opening in the bumper, I don't think modifying the brackets from the picture in the first post would be too hard to do.
I'm still deciding which route I want to go, may do both.
I am planning on mounting a 30" bar to my brush guard. I have been interested in trying to find some kind of bracket to mount either dual cubes or a single small bar like the one below in the space for the foglight.

Marcross1009

Reaction score
I ordered the dual cube bracket, I guess I'll have to see how it mounts to the 21 if it's even going to work at all, I'll update once I receive the brackets.

Jnrcarson

Reaction score

Where did you buy your lights. I want to add them to my 2022 tradesman

Linked4door

Reaction score
Where did you buy your lights. I want to add them to my 2022 tradesman
I got them from DD. Their site says they are only for the 1500 but a few of us have confirmed they fit the 2500/3500 trucks.

If your truck didn't come with fogs from the factory, you will need mounting hardware, wiring, and the oem bezel & bracket kit

They're a few threads about the process on there if you need more info, this is a good one:

Jnrcarson

Reaction score
I got them from DD. Their site says they are only for the 1500 but a few of us have confirmed they fit the 2500/3500 trucks.

If your truck didn't come with fogs from the factory, you will need mounting hardware, wiring, and the oem bezel & bracket kit

They're a few threads about the process on there if you need more info, this is a good one:

That’s great. Thanks for the info.

Brewbud

Brewmeister Meisterbrew
Reaction score
I am wanting to add dual cube led fog lights to my 2021 Tradesman, I would plan on using a switch pro style switch and one white led fog and one amber on each side and be able to pick one or the other/ both if I want. But that's not the issue I'm running into, the issue I have is I can find the brackets for up to a 2018 but nothing 2019+, so my question is I wonder how different they are, could I make the bracket from the older model work with minor mods? I have not even got under the truck yet and looked at the situation, just wondered if anyone has attempted/ completed this mod. Here is the bracket I was referencing.
View attachment 29216

A good quality pod light from Baja Designs, Rigid or Diode Dynamics will likely throw out better light than a pair of the lower quality pods. Pairing up a pair of BD or similar would be a great setup. But if you planning to pair up Chinese knock-offs you are probably better with a single set of pods from one of the better manufacturers. Just my 3 cents.

I would love to see a dual BD kit for our trucks like they have for the 10-18 trucks

Marcross1009

Reaction score
A good quality pod light from Baja Designs, Rigid or Diode Dynamics will likely throw out better light than a pair of the lower quality pods. Pairing up a pair of BD or similar would be a great setup. But if you planning to pair up Chinese knock-offs you are probably better with a single set of pods from one of the better manufacturers. Just my 3 cents.

I would love to see a dual BD kit for our trucks like they have for the 10-18 trucks
I haven't picked lights yet but those brackets look like what I ordered and am going to try to figure out how to make them work, I've used mid grade Chinese LED's in the past and they light up plenty for my needs. If I get 70% of the light for 1/4 of the price of Baja designs, rigid etc., I'm going to do that same for the light bar, I'll buy a sub $100 one and replace it if need be instead of one that's $700, I have way too many other places my money is better spent than that, well my kids and wife do.

I do think that I am going to try BD knock offs, as I like that design and how they sit behind the bumper. But if I can't get it figured out I'm just going with "factory" led fog kit off Amazon and be done. I'm not fooling with alpha obd anyways, I'm going to tap power from the headlight circuit (so they will come on automatically with the headlights) and run a switch pros style switch to control everything.
I'm in the process of finding and buying a travel trailer for the family, which is why I bought the 3500, and am budget limited on upgrades to the truck right now.

el_barto

Reaction score
I'm going to tap power from the headlight circuit (so they will come on automatically with the headlights)

Jesus ****ing Christ please no. If you are going to run aftermarket led cubes do not tie them into the headlights so they are on all the time. The cutoff is likely not acceptable for the street and you will just be blinding everyone in oncoming traffic or driving in front of you.

Marcross1009

Reaction score
Jesus ****ing Christ please no. If you are going to run aftermarket led cubes do not tie them into the headlights so they are on all the time. The cutoff is likely not acceptable for the street and you will just be blinding everyone in oncoming traffic or driving in front of you.
I ment off that circuit so they can't be left on. But yes I am going to run the white ones on the street, all the time with the headlights, just like I would with normal factory fogs if the tradesman came with them. But I am going to get SAE white fogs with a good cutoff. And in thick fog I will run the ambers on the street especially since I don't off road, but do travel to mountain areas that have thick fog and the ram headlights are not enough to cut through the fog.

McHenry2500

Reaction score

I've had really good luck with Auxbeam/Nilight bars and cubes. I even had an Auxbeam on my Chevy that lasted 6 years and was still bright as new the day I traded the truck in. I get spending tons of $$$ on a dedicated off road rig or baja toy but I trythfully don't see a huge difference between the $500 bar and the $50 bar. Just my .02 based on my own experience.

Marcross1009

Reaction score
I've had really good luck with Auxbeam/Nilight bars and cubes. I even had an Auxbeam on my Chevy that lasted 6 years and was still bright as new the day I traded the truck in. I get spending tons of $$$ on a dedicated off road rig or baja toy but I trythfully don't see a huge difference between the $500 bar and the $50 bar. Just my .02 based on my own experience.
I agree, and since I don't off road, and just mainly want something to cut fog in the mountains, so the ambers would get used 10 times a year or so l'll take the cheaper ones. I run auxbeam led's in my headlights(yes leds in a halagon headlight housing, they are the same filimant/led length and position and have cutoff/pattern just like the halagon. For those that are going to bitch about running leds in halagon housings) and have had really good luck with them, only issue with their pods is the price is only slightly less than Baja design squadrons. I've used nilight too and also had decent results, but again it was a light bar on an old 7.3 super duty and I didn't run it very much, but like you said, it worked just like new when I got rid of it.
I'm still looking for the right pod lights, I haven't found any I'm completely satisfied with, enough to buy. Plus I don't know if I'm even going to be able to get this to work on the 19+ without completely redesigning the bracket, and I'm not a fabricator. I rig **** up and make it work, so we will see, I'll most likely get the cheapest ones I can find for mock up purposes, and then settle on permanent ones after I see if it's going to work. And use the cheap ones for auxiliary/camper lighting purposes as needed.

Brewbud

Brewmeister Meisterbrew
Reaction score
I had a Chinese 20" lightbar on my old truck. My friends' BD 20" lightbars made mine look like the $150 lightbar it was. The Chinese bar looked almost as bright when you looked directly at it. But the usable light was way different. My bar just threw the light out everywhere. The BD bar actually focused the light where you wanted it. The reflectors and the lens worked together. The same goes for the pods - especially if you want a good cutoff for street use.

I haven't decided what I will do for forward lighting yet. I will likely go with some BD SAE Pods for the front. Maybe even non-SAE if I sync them only to high beams. Just something to help on the backroads. Eventually a lightbar for offroad use. I did just pick up some BD squadrons for rear Chase/Dust lights for hitting desert. One will go on the truck. The other one on the Jeep. We have had some close calls out on the trails, especially during the day, so I am addressing rear-facing lights first. Not a very good pic but you can see the spot/wide lens design.

Baja Design Squadrons sm.jpg

Trying help avoid this. This was from a group overlanding in Death Valley. The story told says they weren't even going that fast when came upon a dusty section. A Lexus GX did the damage to the Raptor. Both ended up totaled by insurance.

raptor rearended.jpg

Marcross1009

Reaction score
Started mock up, trying to figure out mounting and trim but I took a few pictures of it. I think I'll trim the block off plates to make room for the mounting bracket and the cube lights or maybe the trim for the factory led(long thin) lights will work. I didn't get that far yet. I may need to trim where the brackets sit to let them sit lower. PXL_20220211_210557311.jpgPXL_20220211_205906275.jpgPXL_20220211_210627695.jpgPXL_20220211_210631453.jpg

Attachments

• PXL_20220211_210551533.jpg
    PXL_20220211_210551533.jpg
    695.9 KB · Views: 42

sstoner911

Reaction score
The pods look ugly ..can't you just install factory OEM LED fogs and use AlphaOBD to enable them?

Users who are viewing this thread