Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

DTC for P2138

Reaction score
I have a ‘19 Ram 2500 Hemi that I’ve had for just about a year and a half. It’s been great but recently I started getting a P2138 and the truck has gone from won’t even rev in park to sometimes put it in drive and it’ll accelerate with no gas pedal push. I got a new throttle body and the old unit didn’t look that bad at all but hey things get wonky. I did the relearn without using a tool and it ran like a champ today and thought it was all good. The CEL went off after the swap and I figured the issue was solved. This evening I left the house to get gas and it went back into Tesla auto acceleration mode with the red lightning bolt icon. Turned the truck off and it went away until I was leaving the gas pump and it just threw the red lightning bolt again. Turned truck off then on and was fine.

The wires all look fine. My next step is to replace the accelerator pedal unit and I hope that fixes it. Has anyone had this issue in their trucks or worse, had to reflash the computer? I’m really hoping it’s the accelerator unit now but didn’t know how many others may have had this issue that could give me insight as to this being a more suckier problem that plagues these trucks that I haven’t heard about. Thanks for any help!

Users who are viewing this thread