Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Drivetrain rubbing / grinding sensation at slow speed from launch

Snagster123

Reaction score
So far, i have RAM customer case #, dealer has a STAR case#, and I have been in touch with RAM CARES here on this website. I guess we will see what happens. But I talked with the Service Manager on Tuesday and they had no answers then and stated I may need to drive it until the problem gets worse or something breaks. (I thought that was a BS answer to the problem). I did not spend $61K on a truck to drive it around with something broken like this all the time, It is very annoying. and it's under warranty.

cummins6.7junk

Reaction score
Unreal!!!!!!!! I haver a 2022 laramie with a blown cummins under warranty 27k miles.... all the same case #'s no love .. RAM has truly turned to garbage!!!!

This is an 85k truck not a dodge neon, they need to address this.

jsalbre

Reaction score
Unreal!!!!!!!! I haver a 2022 laramie with a blown cummins under warranty 27k miles.... all the same case #'s no love .. RAM has truly turned to garbage!!!!

This is an 85k truck not a dodge neon, they need to address this.
It's really not necessary to post the same thing over and over in multiple threads. We get it, you're upset.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
@cummins6.7junk

We understand your frustration but please refrain from spamming our forums.

The grid heater relay recall thread was not the appropriate venue for your grevience with Ramcares. Contact them and get a case manager.

This is your free warning.

Good luck, I hope you get your truck going.

cummins6.7junk

Reaction score
@cummins6.7junk

We understand your frustration but please refrain from spamming our forums.

The grid heater relay recall thread was not the appropriate venue for your grevience with Ramcares. Contact them and get a case manager.

This is your free warning.

Good luck, I hope you get your truck going.
Who knew 2500 drivers were so sensitive these days

Snagster123

Reaction score
Finally got my truck back last Friday. Still no answers on this rubbing/vibration issue. The told me to drive it until it gets worse or something breaks. That is a BS answer. They recognize there is a problem but can't diagnose it. A few other things they had to fix back in 2021/2022 were replacing the drivers side front coil spring (it was bent and rubbing on the frame), and they also replaced the track bar. Those are some odd problems for an almost new truck at the time. This truck is a certified pre-owned with the 7yr/100k mile warranty. It only had 15k on it when I bought it back in 2021. I believe they are putting themselves at risk. If whatever is broken and malfunctioning breaks when I'm going down the highway and I get hurt or worse... it will truly be their fault. I dont understand how they can in good conscience return the truck to me undiagnosed. I talked with RAM Corporate supervisor and they want the dealer to swap out the wheels and tires for a totally different set and see if anything changes. (by the way... the problem is not the tires!!!) but they can have their fun checking things out.

I am curious about the braking system. I dont know how it works, but it seems to be very complicated. This truck has hill decent, adaptive cruise control, collision avoidance, etc.. all controlling the brakes. As far as I know, they have not looked at these systems to see if something is not working properly. They are just looking for "codes" to chase instead of investigating deeper and finding the real problem.

I have also filed a complaint with the BBB. This is getting to be a joke... when you look up Stellantis on the BBB the phone # they list does not even work. In my opinion, that is deceptive and unethical. I am starting to get pretty pissed.

Ostracize

Reaction score
Finally got my truck back last Friday. Still no answers on this rubbing/vibration issue. The told me to drive it until it gets worse or something breaks. That is a BS answer. They recognize there is a problem but can't diagnose it. A few other things they had to fix back in 2021/2022 were replacing the drivers side front coil spring (it was bent and rubbing on the frame), and they also replaced the track bar. Those are some odd problems for an almost new truck at the time. This truck is a certified pre-owned with the 7yr/100k mile warranty. It only had 15k on it when I bought it back in 2021. I believe they are putting themselves at risk. If whatever is broken and malfunctioning breaks when I'm going down the highway and I get hurt or worse... it will truly be their fault. I dont understand how they can in good conscience return the truck to me undiagnosed. I talked with RAM Corporate supervisor and they want the dealer to swap out the wheels and tires for a totally different set and see if anything changes. (by the way... the problem is not the tires!!!) but they can have their fun checking things out.

I am curious about the braking system. I dont know how it works, but it seems to be very complicated. This truck has hill decent, adaptive cruise control, collision avoidance, etc.. all controlling the brakes. As far as I know, they have not looked at these systems to see if something is not working properly. They are just looking for "codes" to chase instead of investigating deeper and finding the real problem.

I have also filed a complaint with the BBB. This is getting to be a joke... when you look up Stellantis on the BBB the phone # they list does not even work. In my opinion, that is deceptive and unethical. I am starting to get pretty pissed.
Shot in the dark.. But pulling the calipers and checking for anything odd with the pads and specifically the caliper guide pins to make sure they move freely and are properly greased.
Since you mentioned a bent spring that would make me look into the axle runout and trueness on both sides..
Also if it were mine, I'd put the truck on my jack stands and let her run at idle in gear...and if I had friends, one working the brakes for me.
Being very careful for obvious reasons. This should help quickly get atleast closer to where on the truck the NVH is coming from.

Last edited:

1964PW

Reaction score
I was parked with the nose pointed down the other day. Put it in reverse to back out and had the rumbling while going straight (1st time, normally it happens when turning left). I'm sure it has something to do with the hill start assist and/or one caliper not releasing at the same time.

Users who are viewing this thread