Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Drivers side rambox lid issues

love2build

Reaction score
The rambox lid on the drivers side has never lined up properly on my ‘22 3500 MC SRW. It’s been a few times for adjustments. They finally replaced the lid as they claimed it was warped. Picked up the truck only to see it was worse then when it was originally. Service mgr agreed and said he would look into it. I went home and next day opened the tonneau cover then opened the lid and both springs popped out nearly hitting myself and my wife in the face. It would appear this is a reassembly issue but dealer is claiming it’s a drivers side rambox issue as he has 2 others now with only drivers rambox lid/spring issues. Anyone know anything about this? It’s going back to another body shop tomorrow to get reassembled hopefully.

Much2fast

Reaction score
I have a 21 2500 Limited and had a driver's side rambox issue where it was not lining up properly, passenger side was good. My dealer also claimed it was warped and replaced it. Mine did seem ok once they replaced it, so maybe a reassembly issue?

love2build

Reaction score
Update… so it was decided that the springs could not be re installed and a whole new assembly would need to be reordered. And now the wait begins. Fortunately the box is somewhat usable with only one spring half installed so it’s not really a huge inconvenience. I’m told it’s becoming an issue though as the dealer has 2 others with a similar drivers side rambox issue….

HappyChappy

Reaction score
I had the same issue and they said it was warped (less than 500 miles on the truck); then when they were replacing it, they broke it. Waited two weeks for the replacement to come in and that ended up installing just fine. One thing to double check after they are done is to make sure they hook up the light. I didn't check and noticed it a couple weeks later....which meant another service schedule and waiting solely because they didn't hook up the wiring when they did the install.

Users who are viewing this thread