Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Driver's Electric Adjustable Seat Gremlins

steve49

Reaction score
My 2019 Bighorn has the electric driver adjustable seat, and approximately four times or so, I've got in and found the seat back has dropped back from where I had it set. Has anyone else experienced this?

Brewbud

Brewmeister Meisterbrew
Reaction score
Are you switching key fobs? They can be linked to memory positions.

Crusty old shellback

Reaction score
When I picked up my 21 PW, my seat back switch would sometimes work. If you pushed it straight forward it would work constantly. It always worked going back.
I need to take it back in to get fixed. Probably the switch.
Yours may be something similar.

steve49

Reaction score
No I use the same key fob all the time. It's Level 2 group with 8 way power adjustable drivers seat, power adjustable pedals, heated seats and heated steering wheel etc. I don't see anything in any of the categories in the Uconnect settings that addresses memory configurations for seats, pedals, mirrors, and the drivers door does not have the three memory buttons next to the door handle. I've wondered about the seat switch and possibly the motor, I think the motors have like a brake which holds the position wherever set?

Crusty old shellback

Reaction score
I havent looked at the motors, but if they are similar to my chevy seats, it's just a worm screw with a follower connected to a bracket on the seat. No brakes.

MEGA HO

Reaction score
Does look like electric gremlins.
Try this: move your seat all the way fwd and then all the way back and then return to your preferred sitting position. This trick may or may not work for you but it fixes the issues with the memory seats as it helps the computer to re-learn the seat limits. It did help when my memory recall buttons stopped working.

steve49

Reaction score
Yeah I'm gonna stick with the gremlins theory, once in awhile the radio station changes when the truck is started!

Users who are viewing this thread