Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

DPF sits low on rebel 6.7. Any skids available?

jems007

Reaction score
I’m checking out my clearance and the DPF is what is the lowest part of the truck. This is just screaming to get hit by a rock when on ledges and such. I can’t find a skid system to protect it.

Considering it’s marketed for off-road and there are skids elsewhere, why did they leave the DPF vulnerable?image.jpg

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
I’m checking out my clearance and the DPF is what is the lowest part of the truck. This is just screaming to get hit by a rock when on ledges and such. I can’t find a skid system to protect it.

Considering it’s marketed for off-road and there are skids elsewhere, why did they leave the DPF vulnerable?View attachment 72396
No where else for it to go. No kits on the market you will have to DIY it

Enve46

Reaction score
Wonder if heat would be an issue? Not sure how hot the DPF gets compared to a cat, which there are skids available for but something to consider

johanh13

Reaction score

Considering it’s marketed for off-road and there are skids elsewhere, why did they leave the DPF vulnerable?View attachment 72396
Is it lower than on a non-rebel 2500 ?

AH64ID

Staff member
Reaction score
Wonder if heat would be an issue? Not sure how hot the DPF gets compared to a cat, which there are skids available for but something to consider

1050°F inlet/outlet temp is normal for a regen. A skid seems like a bad idea for whatever is above it without some added insulation and heat shielding.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
1050°F inlet/outlet temp is normal for a regen. A skid seems like a bad idea for whatever is above it without some added insulation and heat shielding.
A solid skid yes would be bad but a skeleton style gaurd/skid plate would be good with minimal heat trapped would need to be thicker material but 5/16 or 3/8 plate would be great and not hard to fab up if you have access to a cutting table

jems007

Reaction score
Which is why he asked if it’s lower than a non-Rebel.

Not sure I understand what you’re trying to say here.

The rebel from what I know (low confidence) is it’s the same height as the other HD’s. The PW sits 1” higher than the rebel HD.

I can lift 3.25” and add 37s to get raise me up 4-5” or so.

Users who are viewing this thread