Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

DPF GAUGE DOESN'T WORK AFTER Y43 RECALL

Lettikka

Reaction score
I don't want the title of the thread to be confusing....DPF gauge has red " 0% " since I got the truck in December of 22 and it now has 9000 miles on it. However I took it in for the Y43 PM sensor and PCM update a few months ago and figured the gauge would work after this was done. It does not, still reads 0% all the time. Called the dealer and reported this. They said, " If there are not any warnings or other issues it is fine, nothing to worry about". When I asked if the gauge should be working they did not have a response. Does anyone have any experience with this? I am wondering if the recall was done correctly, and concerned that the PCM was not updated. Thoughts?

tchur1

Reaction score
I have not had the recall done but from everything I have read, that just means you are driving your truck in a manner that keeps the DPF clean and healthy. My truck also never moved off 0% for the first 15k miles or so, now it does intermittently depending on the type of driving i'm doing.

FWIW the Y43 shouldn't have much impact on the DPF gauge reading in the EVIC.

Lettikka

Reaction score
Well thats kinda what the dealership indicated. Good to have it backed up by someone in here. Thanks.

Lettikka

Reaction score
Really glad to hear that, I was obviously worried. Seems like if we can stay away from DPF issues we should be able to ride on for a long time. I have a 25 mile trip to work, 25 miles home all highway speed. It must be serving me well not doing a bunch of short trips.

mbarber84

Staff member
Reaction score
No malfunction indicators.
No error messages.
DPF gauge reads 0% consistently.

Give yourself a pat on the back and count your blessings.

The truck is doing exactly what it was designed to do, and you are obviously operating it in a manner consistent with best practices. The Y43 recall would have no bearing on the gauge reading.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
I don't want the title of the thread to be confusing....DPF gauge has red " 0% " since I got the truck in December of 22 and it now has 9000 miles on it. However I took it in for the Y43 PM sensor and PCM update a few months ago and figured the gauge would work after this was done. It does not, still reads 0% all the time. Called the dealer and reported this. They said, " If there are not any warnings or other issues it is fine, nothing to worry about". When I asked if the gauge should be working they did not have a response. Does anyone have any experience with this? I am wondering if the recall was done correctly, and concerned that the PCM was not updated. Thoughts?
Means you are driving the truck properly and the DPF is not loading up with soot its a good thing the gauge was almost always on 0 on my 19 for well over 50k miles

OLEJOE

Reaction score
Really glad to hear that, I was obviously worried. Seems like if we can stay away from DPF issues we should be able to ride on for a long time. I have a 25 mile trip to work, 25 miles home all highway speed. It must be serving me well not doing a bunch of short trips.
I know a lot of people that would love to have your problem. The 25 mile trip you make must be getting it hot enough to passively regen the small amount of soot it makes.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
I know a lot of people that would love to have your problem. The 25 mile trip you make must be getting it hot enough to passively regen the small amount of soot it makes.
my drive to work is 7ish miles and i had no issues with soot loading when i removed my DPF it actually looked very clean

OLEJOE

Reaction score
Mine will load up if I run the two lane road to town and back with some in town driving. It’ll come back down if I run the interstate with the same in town driving. When mine gets up to 1/4 on the gauge, I’ll take a little ride on the interstate and it goes back to zero.

Users who are viewing this thread