Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

DPF gage

Thines

Reaction score
New to the diesel world so forgive me if I'm asking a stupid question. My 22 Ram 6.7 cummins DPF gage was showing 10%. I saw it go into a regeneration mode for about 20 minutes. Now the gage doesn't show anything. There is a red light at the bottom but it goes out a few seconds after you start the truck. It has 84K miles. What is it telling me?IMG_3018.jpg

MtnRider

Reaction score
Your door is open...

Seriously, do yourself a favor and do Not watch that screen. It has caused more anxiety for people. If there is an issue the truck will throw a code. Drive and enjoy..

AH64ID

Staff member
Reaction score
If you continue to see the gauge at 0% that means that you are using the truck in a manner that is good for the emissions system and it won't require active regens before the 24 hours run time regen.

Note the engine hours you have now and then in ~23 hours of run time watch that screen again and if it goes into regen around 24 hours you have DPF friendly driving habits.

Thines

Reaction score
Thx for the info. Guess I'll just drive and see how it goes.

Users who are viewing this thread