Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

DPF Full See Dealer

Obviostoaster

Reaction score
I have a 2020 showing this code and it stuck me 1200 miles from home. The dealer can't look at it for weeks and it is about to cost me $1000s in hotels and lost time and probably a rental. Does anyone know a quick fix so I can at least finish the job and get home? The truck has less than 100k miles, probably because its been at the dealer most of its life.
We have been running Ram trucks since 2012 with only minor issues. We added (4) 2020s to the fleet in early 21 and to be completely honest, I'm not impressed. They have been nothing but trouble and I have just about had it with Ram trucks. All 4 of these trucks have stranded our crews at least 2 or 3 times each. The dealer is always flooded with these trucks and cannot keep up with the problems they have. I have probably lost enough money because of these 4 trucks to pay for 4 brand new trucks from another manufacturer. Pretty sad when our most reliable trucks are the older models with 250k+ miles...

Will_T

Reaction score
That really sucks! This Ram dealer issue where they cannot even look at a problem for weeks, or sometimes months is absurd and must be fixed. Who would have thought a few years ago that you could buy a new truck with a warranty and then just be S*** Outta Luck if something goes wrong? Lots of newer trucks just sitting at dealer here with no progress being made. Some for 6 months or longer.

Obviostoaster

Reaction score
Its insane.... I found another site where someone suggested running down the highway for 20 or 30 miles in a low gear above 2000 rpm to clear the soot and force a regen. I'll post the results but I'm not very optimistic...

Will_T

Reaction score
Its insane.... I found another site where someone suggested running down the highway for 20 or 30 miles in a low gear above 2000 rpm to clear the soot and force a regen. I'll post the results but I'm not very optimistic...
If the filter is really full and it is not just a sensor issue or something, that may work. Let us know.

Obviostoaster

Reaction score
Well I'll be dipped.... 80mph in 5th gear for about 15 min put it in regen mode. Took about an hour of driving to complete the regen, says the DPF is at 10% now. Cost about $70 or $80 in fuel, small price to pay considering the alternatives.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Well I'll be dipped.... 80mph in 5th gear for about 15 min put it in regen mode. Took about an hour of driving to complete the regen, says the DPF is at 10% now. Cost about $70 or $80 in fuel, small price to pay considering the alternatives.
Its not just RAM all the diesels have emissions issues across all brands my buddy lost his chevy for 5 weeks then the dealer bandaid fixed it (they plastic welded the def tank that melted) So he can still drive it and they said another 3-4 months for a replacement def pump/tank, another friend with a ford had to delete because he would have lost his truck for at least 2 months

flan

Reaction score
What do your crews do with your trucks? Something like Hotshot, mostly highway hauling or side of the road utility work? Lots of idle time? Idle time is killer for modern diesels.

Will_T

Reaction score
they said another 3-4 months for a replacement def pump/tank

Can't believe after all this time these supply issues have not been solved or at least lessened. Nothing you might need today is even close to available. In the U.S., at least, there seems to be a huge employee shortage, but most of the parts are made overseas. I was going to replace all 4 shocks on my truck with Bilsteins but the rears are not available for any of the three local installers I called. No getting added to a wait list as that is already months long. I asked if I found them online and brought them in, would they install. They said they are no longer allowed to install customer supplied parts. What a world.

Gear box

Reaction score
Toaster- I would recommend a purchase of an Autel Maxisys CV around $2500. With the size of your fleet this will pay for itself and give you the ability to actually understand what the emission system is up to. Plus the ability to do forced regens etc….

Firebird

Reaction score
Can't believe after all this time these supply issues have not been solved or at least lessened. Nothing you might need today is even close to available. In the U.S., at least, there seems to be a huge employee shortage, but most of the parts are made overseas. I was going to replace all 4 shocks on my truck with Bilsteins but the rears are not available for any of the three local installers I called. No getting added to a wait list as that is already months long. I asked if I found them online and brought them in, would they install. They said they are no longer allowed to install customer supplied parts. What a world.
I want some Bilstein’s for my 3500, but the fronts aren’t available at the moment.

Users who are viewing this thread