Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Don't think I can wait for 2025s

daemonic3

Reaction score
I have no issue parking in my garage, parking garages (hight permitted) and city centers…. I get what you are saying but the CCLB vs The CCSB is only 18” ish difference it does not affect maneuvering that much

Oh man, 18" is HUGE in my case. I get that not all garages are created equal, nor all parking structures. I'm just surprised to see myself being the sole member wanting a small footprint due to my situation, I thought there would be more like my where a bigger HD truck just doesn't work. Let me explain my situation and why I'm grateful Ram has an option for me:

This is my garage drawing I made a few years ago when trying to determine where to park which car and where to install the EVSE outlet. We have a 3 car garage, and HOA restrictions require all 3 bays to be used before we are allowed to park in the driveway or street. Waivers only exist for vehicles that do not fit, BUT I do not want a vehicle that doesn't fit. Exposing it to the elements when I have a garage is just not my desire, plus technically an HD truck DOES fit but is a massive inconvenience. The truck can only take the middle spot, or it blocks doors or hits fixed cabinetry. In that middle spot, I have 2.5' of front clearance to walk past it, and there is a refrigerator inset in the wall that has a door swing out. If I add another 18" to truck, we can no longer easily walk past the truck, and would have to back the truck out any time we want to access the fridge. I CAN tolerate another 6" (Ram CCSB is 238") over my F150 (232") but I can NOT accommodate another 18" for Superduty/Chevy-HD/GMC-HD. And as is, I use a laser parking system to park within +/- 1/2" or so, so I am already backed up to the garage door as it closes.

1712855863300.png

Case 2: My work's condo housing parking garage, where I stay for multiple days when I travel to work. As it is, I am backed up to a concrete wall. This is a picture of a previous F150 I had in my spot. I took pics in an attempt to get anyone to trade spaces, and no one responded. You can see how another 18" into the driving path would be a hazard, risking my truck on a daily basis. Street parking is available for a fee rather than using the assigned space, but is prone to smash'n'grabs.

1712856237823.png1712856288722.png

Anyway, I am absolutely not against larger trucks but there are practical restrictions why we can't all have them. And again, I am very THANKFUL that Ram has an option that works for me, unlike the other brands! I am excited to get my first HD truck after many years of half tons.

Thanks for indulging.

Attachments

• 1712854724751.png
    1712854724751.png
    84.2 KB · Views: 6

Razzman

Reaction score
Do you know why some people like the short bed? Crew cab short bed RAM is often the only truck that fits into modern garage of the average house.
On the west coast the average garage is 20' deep, stupid. and they have the uncanny habit of putting the freaking water heater right in the way smh, couldn't fit in that if I tried. Just bought a new house in Arizona with a 24.5' third drive-through garage bay and plenty of land for my RV garage I want, move in at end of the month. Finally a home for it and the trailer instead of both sitting outside.

Cseybert

Reaction score
2 feet to spare in front 1 foot six to spare and the rear

Attachments

• IMG_1267.jpeg
    IMG_1267.jpeg
    686.1 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_1266.jpeg
    IMG_1266.jpeg
    937.1 KB · Views: 20

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Oh man, 18" is HUGE in my case. I get that not all garages are created equal, nor all parking structures. I'm just surprised to see myself being the sole member wanting a small footprint due to my situation, I thought there would be more like my where a bigger HD truck just doesn't work. Let me explain my situation and why I'm grateful Ram has an option for me:

This is my garage drawing I made a few years ago when trying to determine where to park which car and where to install the EVSE outlet. We have a 3 car garage, and HOA restrictions require all 3 bays to be used before we are allowed to park in the driveway or street. Waivers only exist for vehicles that do not fit, BUT I do not want a vehicle that doesn't fit. Exposing it to the elements when I have a garage is just not my desire, plus technically an HD truck DOES fit but is a massive inconvenience. The truck can only take the middle spot, or it blocks doors or hits fixed cabinetry. In that middle spot, I have 2.5' of front clearance to walk past it, and there is a refrigerator inset in the wall that has a door swing out. If I add another 18" to truck, we can no longer easily walk past the truck, and would have to back the truck out any time we want to access the fridge. I CAN tolerate another 6" (Ram CCSB is 238") over my F150 (232") but I can NOT accommodate another 18" for Superduty/Chevy-HD/GMC-HD. And as is, I use a laser parking system to park within +/- 1/2" or so, so I am already backed up to the garage door as it closes.

View attachment 71650

Case 2: My work's condo housing parking garage, where I stay for multiple days when I travel to work. As it is, I am backed up to a concrete wall. This is a picture of a previous F150 I had in my spot. I took pics in an attempt to get anyone to trade spaces, and no one responded. You can see how another 18" into the driving path would be a hazard, risking my truck on a daily basis. Street parking is available for a fee rather than using the assigned space, but is prone to smash'n'grabs.

View attachment 71651View attachment 71653

Anyway, I am absolutely not against larger trucks but there are practical restrictions why we can't all have them. And again, I am very THANKFUL that Ram has an option that works for me, unlike the other brands! I am excited to get my first HD truck after many years of half tons.

Thanks for indulging.
Another great reason to be out in the country with a detached garage, land and best of all NO HOA to tell me what i can or cant do on my property.

daemonic3

Reaction score
Another great reason to be out in the country with a detached garage, land and best of all NO HOA to tell me what i can or cant do on my property.

I hear ya! Our HOA is a bunch of retired busybodies that just want to feel important on their power trip, but its a tradeoff because we absolutely love the area we live in. But our retirement home is going to have RV parking and bigger garage for vehicles and tools/workshop! No point into going into all the trade-offs of choosing where to live and why, but back on topic I'm very excited to finally get an HD truck without having to move, pay fines, risk parking, block access in my garage, etc, etc.

AH64ID

Staff member
Reaction score
Never owned a house that a QCLB or CCLB would fit in, and I’ve never owned a short bed. It’s not worth the tradeoff for me.

I do have a shop now that the truck fits in with room to spare, and with the ample covered RV parking our rigs are almost always undercover. Great in the winter for frost/snow and in the summer for sun.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score

View attachment 71650

View attachment 71651View attachment 71653

Thanks for indulging.

:eek: LOL

You should see my CCLB hanging out at the airport. It's like John Holmes ready for work.

Users who are viewing this thread