Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Don't think I can wait for 2025s

RockaRhyme

Reaction score
My only regret moving from the 1500 to a CCSB HD was losing the roomy backseat, which my wife and I really really really enjoyed. Now we've got a mega cab and it's wonderful. I think the 1500 is technically a bit more roomy, but damned if I can tell an I like the extra storage. Miss the hidden storage in the floor though; I had no idea that wasn't a thing in the Megas.

Side note: by "really really really enjoyed" I mean that we ate dinner too quickly on a date night and didn't want to come home before the kids were in bed and asleep. I mean why pay a sitter if they don't end up doing the hard part you enjoy least. We bought a 50 dollar smart TV from Walmart and set it up on the center console then sat in the back and caught up on the Amazing Ms Maisel... a good show, but honestly, the actress went topless in an early episode and I've been watching it ever since to see if she'd do it again. it's for science.

No WAY we were gonna do the thing you all thought I was talking about. The first rule of date night is no cuddle puddle on the leather in the first 6 months of ownership.

UglyViking

Reaction score
Welp, I have a new favorite way to describe "personal time with the mrs." hahaha

LegendaryLawman

Legendary Pessimist
Reaction score
I dropped by the local CJDR dealer yesterday and brought the JK in for a free key under the max care warranty.

Asked the service guy if he’s seeing more regen issues on the current HD line. He said yes a lot- he said they force regen and flash the ecu and it helps. He brought up that he’s only been there 6 months and he cannot believe the engine and trans issues he sees. He said he has done 13 3.6 v6 replacements due to cams, lifters, oil pump. Lots of complaints with the 5.7 hemi on lifter issues, knocking and replacements. Whats got me is that he said they have done 7 ZF8 replacements in ram 1500s in the last 6 months. It’s not a super busy dealership. He said they are junk and full of issues. I asked about the hurricane engines and he said they haven’t seen enough yet. While the ZF8 isn’t junk, it’s funny to see that many replacements. All I can say it’s Stellantis will find a way to cut costs on the new HD ZF trans where is won’t be a paccar HD model. Food for thought…

UglyViking

Reaction score
I dropped by the local CJDR dealer yesterday and brought the JK in for a free key under the max care warranty.

Asked the service guy if he’s seeing more regen issues on the current HD line. He said yes a lot- he said they force regen and flash the ecu and it helps. He brought up that he’s only been there 6 months and he cannot believe the engine and trans issues he sees. He said he has done 13 3.6 v6 replacements due to cams, lifters, oil pump. Lots of complaints with the 5.7 hemi on lifter issues, knocking and replacements. Whats got me is that he said they have done 7 ZF8 replacements in ram 1500s in the last 6 months. It’s not a super busy dealership. He said they are junk and full of issues. I asked about the hurricane engines and he said they haven’t seen enough yet. While the ZF8 isn’t junk, it’s funny to see that many replacements. All I can say it’s Stellantis will find a way to cut costs on the new HD ZF trans where is won’t be a paccar HD model. Food for thought…
The ZF8 speed for the HD is different from the 1500 model right? Even still, it shocks me that they are seeing that many issues with the ZF trans, they are well regarded.

The new ZF trans has been in the works for years, so it's not like a totally net new, untested unit. It's gone through a ton of testing up to this point. Hell they had a version mated back in the late 4th gen.

LegendaryLawman

Legendary Pessimist
Reaction score
The ZF8 speed for the HD is different from the 1500 model right? Even still, it shocks me that they are seeing that many issues with the ZF trans, they are well regarded.

The new ZF trans has been in the works for years, so it's not like a totally net new, untested unit. It's gone through a ton of testing up to this point. Hell they had a version mated back in the late 4th gen.
Yea it would be different. While I think it’s pessimistic to say the ZF8 is junk in the 1500s, there are some issues with this one and all transmissions. It will be interesting to see how the Ram version for the HDs plays out but it won’t be a holy grail.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Yea it would be different. While I think it’s pessimistic to say the ZF8 is junk in the 1500s, there are some issues with this one and all transmissions. It will be interesting to see how the Ram version for the HDs plays out but it won’t be a holy grail.
That 8 speed in the 1/2 tons is great almost no issues at all, idk where you are getting your info

LegendaryLawman

Legendary Pessimist
Reaction score
That 8 speed in the 1/2 tons is great almost no issues at all, idk where you are getting your info
If you read above, a service adviser at a local dealer told me about his experience with a lot of replacements of the ZF8 when I took the JK in for a key….im just sharing the info.

daemonic3

Reaction score
Man, when I read these threads I feel like the only one that needs to park in my home garage, parking garages, or city centers at all. I avoided HD trucks for the longest time until I found that Ram is the only one that offers a 238" HD truck across all trims with full features (the CCSB SRW). Ford has a 238" Supercab, but they "nerf" it to where you can only go max Lariat trim, and cannot even get the Lariat packages. I could even go 5'6" bed if they had that option! This is my daily driver and I need a practical size along with towing, whichever bed is plenty here. THANKFUL Ram has an option for me!

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Man, when I read these threads I feel like the only one that needs to park in my home garage, parking garages, or city centers at all. I avoided HD trucks for the longest time until I found that Ram is the only one that offers a 238" HD truck across all trims with full features (the CCSB SRW). Ford has a 238" Supercab, but they "nerf" it to where you can only go max Lariat trim, and cannot even get the Lariat packages. I could even go 5'6" bed if they had that option! This is my daily driver and I need a practical size along with towing, whichever bed is plenty here. THANKFUL Ram has an option for me!
I have no issue parking in my garage, parking garages (hight permitted) and city centers…. I get what you are saying but the CCLB vs The CCSB is only 18” ish difference it does not affect maneuvering that much

wyvern

Reaction score
I bought a new GM truck last year and got out of it within 5,000 miles. Without exaggeration, it sat broken down for nearly half of the short period of time I owned it with a slew of different issues. I know the 4.5 gens are dated but after what I just went through I just want something that works and so far that's been my experience with my truck. Personal opinion, but at this point I feel as though buying into a mechanical refresh immediately is risky.

MEGA HO

Reaction score
I have no issue parking in my garage, parking garages (hight permitted) and city centers…. I get what you are saying but the CCLB vs The CCSB is only 18” ish difference it does not affect maneuvering that much
Yeah, many other do, 1" could make a difference.
In my previous house I couldn't park my 07 DCSB Tundra inside and it is shorter than than CCSB ram.
My new house would fit my mega inside with 1" clearance front and back, needles to say I park it in my workshop instead when it needs to go inside. If I had a CCSB I'd likely park it inside the garage and not a workshop.

snocam

Reaction score
I was at my local dealership yesterday. Nice folks, just general service. Spoke with a salesman, not much different for 2025 as of yet. I really won't be looking for probably 2 years anyway. I like my ccsb. But I have a dump truck for anything larger. The ccsb is great for maneuvering trailers into campsites and such. Plus, I do take the truck off-road time to time. Interestingly, I've owned 3 crew cab long bed ford's, and all of them had driveshaft vibration issues. Maybe just my luck!

Great White North Eh

Squish Cat - And So
Reaction score
Who's math? Ive also owned both. The MC has 3 inches more legroom.
My apologies man. Perfect example of me breezing through the text and typing away. I was having flashbacks to other MC vs CC discussions where people stated each had same leg room and seat depths.

Users who are viewing this thread