Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Don't think I can wait for 2025s

AlphaDad1906

Reaction score
I've been patiently waiting for any drips of info on any of the 2025 changes. I don't think I can wait and probably will go with the GMC Ultimate. Ram needs a longer short bed and steps to get in it. Also a larger standard cab, our back seats are the tightest. I know I might miss the boat but my 2019 longhorn is ready to go.

LegendaryLawman

Legendary Pessimist
Reaction score
I've been patiently waiting for any drips of info on any of the 2025 changes. I don't think I can wait and probably will go with the GMC Ultimate. Ram needs a longer short bed and steps to get in it. Also a larger standard cab, our back seats are the tightest. I know I might miss the boat but my 2019 longhorn is ready to go.
Bed steps are really ugly- hate them on the fords and Chewys , yes chewys.

I would agree the crew cab is slightly tight but I like the mega and crew option so I’m not sure if I would change it.

I agree the bed is too short, wish it could be 6” More. Long bed mega would be sweet

2025 will not be a good year of things to come, wait and see, your favorite pessimist over and out.

Finn5033

Reaction score
I had a 2021 Silverado 3500 Crew Cab standard bed. They are noticeably bigger in the cab and bed length. I thought I was going to miss it. Truth is it ended up being the opposite. The extra bed length while nice was not necessary. Same with the rear seat in the cab. There is still plenty of room back there for your average adult. I appreciate the smaller overall size of my Ram.

DevilDodge

Staff member
Reaction score
So, that is what you want. Not too many RAM truck guys want that.

GM and Ford offer it...they will be glad to have your business.

Man, I am so glad I don't have these decisions to make. You types stress alot...:)

I just wanted to add my useless 2 pennies...

LegendaryLawman

Legendary Pessimist
Reaction score
What makes the 2019 ready to go…. Unless catastrophic failure my 2019 will be with me 15-20 years like most of my trucks…..
First world problems.

Americans addiction with the newest toy. Corporations love it and build for it.

It’s a cultural thing for most at this point- status and feeling good.

New new new.

AlphaDad1906

Reaction score
I RV with mine, so a little larger bed while not having to go with the goofy 8 footer is appreciated. I like the mega cab but the it doesn't make the leg room larger just more storage space behind the seat. I will say with the seat down now you have a queen size bed but with a growing kid still the seat is needed in the up position. Yes I agree definitely first world but like most of us here once you see there are some enhancements out there and you can afford it then get it. Just like what brought me to the Ram 2500. I'm ready for a 1 ton now as I'm getting a new RV (that's why ready to go).
Also I saw that GM has a new trick that they offer the 2500 with a max tow package that pretty much makes it a 3500 (with a 3500 frame) increasing the payload with having to go the 1 ton. Because some states charge more in taxes because of the 1 ton category regardless. The rear air suspension definitely had a tight hold on me because no one else offers that. Yes I know I can add it but, it's nothing like factory installed set it and forget it.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
I RV with mine, so a little larger bed while not having to go with the goofy 8 footer is appreciated. I like the mega cab but the it doesn't make the leg room larger just more storage space behind the seat. I will say with the seat down now you have a queen size bed but with a growing kid still the seat is needed in the up position. Yes I agree definitely first world but like most of us here once you see there are some enhancements out there and you can afford it then get it. Just like what brought me to the Ram 2500. I'm ready for a 1 ton now as I'm getting a new RV (that's why ready to go).
Also I saw that GM has a new trick that they offer the 2500 with a max tow package that pretty much makes it a 3500 (with a 3500 frame) increasing the payload with having to go the 1 ton. Because some states charge more in taxes because of the 1 ton category regardless. The rear air suspension definitely had a tight hold on me because no one else offers that. Yes I know I can add it but, it's nothing like factory installed set it and forget it.
Throw a set of air bags and your truck is good to go the rest of the axles/ brakes/ frame is the same as the 3500 plus the 8 foot bed is so much nicer than a short bed. I prefer not to have factory installed stuff at times since its usually more reliable and you dont need to have some over complicated system for stuff like air bags. But hey you go get your GM if you think it will be better. Personally i would NEVER own an IFS diesel

Last edited:

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
"the goofy 8 footer" ?

I think i'm offended. Love my goofy 8 footer and no problems with not enough space.

View attachment 71505
kind of funny calls it a goofy 8 footer but his little box is too small…. I would take my “Goofy 8 Footer” any day the one time i bought a useless 6.5’ box i regretted it almost every day!

UglyViking

Reaction score
I used to think that the crew cab longbed was a goofy look for SRW trucks, but they have grown on me a lot and I really dig them now. The ultimate is still a proper extended cab longbed, but only Ford is making that now a days. If you wanna talk about goofy, the megacab DRW trucks look super goofy to me. The proportions of the cab/bed are wrong in my eyes, but a lot of people like em and I've seen some really clean builds so they can work.

As far as 2500 vs 3500 registration stuff, I only know my own state, but I always assumed that states plated/registered based off the GVWR, not the "model". I'm also surprised to hear that GM has different frames for their 2500 and 3500 trucks, that strikes me as odd. One thing to consider is that with Ford/GM trying to be "sneaky" with >10k GVWR 2500s, it's very likely that states start to take note and update their registration to counter this.

End of the day, I don't really understand the difference in going from a 6.4' bed to a 6.75' bed. If those few extra inches are critical, I guess by all means, but it seems like a silly argument to me. Also, idk what your new trailer is, but I'd strongly consider looking into a dually, even if it's not necessary. For one, they are way more stable, which is nice. For two, you can legally tow way more, and you have an extra set of tires in the event of a potential blow out, which is nice. Plus, man they look good!

Enve46

Reaction score
I RV with mine, so a little larger bed while not having to go with the goofy 8 footer is appreciated. I like the mega cab but the it doesn't make the leg room larger just more storage space behind the seat.
Mega cab definitely add rear leg room, I’ve had a few and they’re really close in rear legroom to the new 5th gen cabs in my Trx’s. But you lost me at the goofy 8’ bed… I love nothing more than a crew cab long bed on a nice level and 37s. Probably the best looking Ram next to the Prospector XLs but I’m biased

AH64ID

Staff member
Reaction score
76.3” vs 82.2”…. lol, that’s worthy of a complaint?!

Maybe I’m old school but a standard bed is still 8’, and short beds look goofy on HD trucks.

All I need to know about GM’s to not be interested is simple… IFS. Don’t like in on HD rigs, heck 3 of our 4 rigs larger than a car have solid front axles and they are just better IMO.

AlphaDad1906

Reaction score
I used to think that the crew cab longbed was a goofy look for SRW trucks, but they have grown on me a lot and I really dig them now. The ultimate is still a proper extended cab longbed, but only Ford is making that now a days. If you wanna talk about goofy, the megacab DRW trucks look super goofy to me. The proportions of the cab/bed are wrong in my eyes, but a lot of people like em and I've seen some really clean builds so they can work.

As far as 2500 vs 3500 registration stuff, I only know my own state, but I always assumed that states plated/registered based off the GVWR, not the "model". I'm also surprised to hear that GM has different frames for their 2500 and 3500 trucks, that strikes me as odd. One thing to consider is that with Ford/GM trying to be "sneaky" with >10k GVWR 2500s, it's very likely that states start to take note and update their registration to counter this.

End of the day, I don't really understand the difference in going from a 6.4' bed to a 6.75' bed. If those few extra inches are critical, I guess by all means, but it seems like a silly argument to me. Also, idk what your new trailer is, but I'd strongly consider looking into a dually, even if it's not necessary. For one, they are way more stable, which is nice. For two, you can legally tow way more, and you have an extra set of tires in the event of a potential blow out, which is nice. Plus, man they look good!
6.4 to 6.10

AlphaDad1906

Reaction score
You want more than 6’4” bed but less than 8’ bed? What’s the sweet spot for you? 7’2”?

Anyway, what are you asking about? If you want a GM buy a GM
Yes thats about right, it's all about proportional looking (cab vs bed).
I'm asking if anyone had any incite on the 2025 if their is any possible dates or info as I'm in the market.
And I know I can get what I want.

Users who are viewing this thread