Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Does the Ram HD's come with the 2 1/2 inch to 2 inch hitch adapter?

unclelala

Reaction score
Does the Ram HD's come with the 2 1/2 inch to 2 inch hitch adapter?

Brewbud

Brewmeister Meisterbrew
Reaction score
My 2020 did. Pretty sure all the HD trucks do

BAT3500

Reaction score
Since 8 people already said yes, all I can add is that a real man upgrades to a 2.5" shank /flex.
Relatively hard to find. But definitely should be stronger and hopefully rattle less.

Epsilon Plus

Reaction score
Easy to find if you get the USA built B&W or Bulletproof.

Mine still rattles like crazy though. I suppose one benefit besides perceived strength is that you can get a full heavy rating with one. My B&W 7" drop 3-ball 2.5" is rated at a full 14,000 pounds on the 2 5/16. The 2" shank version is rated at 10,000lbs. The 3" will tug up to 21,000.

Omarf4

Reaction score
If you are serious about towing, get a 2.5” hitch. The adaptors are fine for occasional use but for long distance and extended use, they slide back and forth with considerable strain on the hitch receiver pin. Over time, the metal stress will cause fracture. Just my 2 cents.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Easy to find if you get the USA built B&W or Bulletproof.

Mine still rattles like crazy though. I suppose one benefit besides perceived strength is that you can get a full heavy rating with one. My B&W 7" drop 3-ball 2.5" is rated at a full 14,000 pounds on the 2 5/16. The 2" shank version is rated at 10,000lbs. The 3" will tug up to 21,000.
My curt adjustable 2.5” is rated at 20k towing and 1/2 the price of the B&W and after seeing a B&W bend ill stick with the curt lol

unclelala

Reaction score
The only reason I wanted the adaptor is for a Hitch Step and a anti rattle hitch clamp for stepping in the bed and to protect the bumper from parking lot drivers. I have a fifth wheel so its not for towing its just for the step which I already have a 2 inch step from my old Ram 1500. sorry about the bold text...I really don't know how I acheived that. Looking around I don't see any 2 1/2 inch bumper hitch steps.

Last edited:

Crusty old shellback

Reaction score
So you didn't get the bed group option with the LED bed lights, spray in bed liner, AND the bed step? :rolleyes: :oops: :)

unclelala

Reaction score

So you didn't get the bed group option with the LED bed lights, spray in bed liner, AND the bed step? :rolleyes: :oops: :)
Yes I have all those options but they still don't provide any protection against the reckless parking lot offenders who don't have any problem bumping into your rear bumper...If it was leagal I'd put med evil spikes on the back.

@ Aketay Welding the adapter is too permanent for me, I'll just use a hitch clamp.​

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Yes I have all those options but they still don't provide any protection against the reckless parking lot offenders who don't have any problem bumping into your rear bumper...If it was leagal I'd put med evil spikes on the back.

@ Aketay Welding the adapter is too permanent for me, I'll just use a hitch clamp.​

You can buy adapters anywhere that sells hitches for only 20$ its worth picking one up and welding it

UglyViking

Reaction score
Odd, my new 2019 didn't come with it. Dealer must have five fingered it...

Users who are viewing this thread