Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Does an extended warranty increase resale value?

drjbeyer

Reaction score
I am taking delivery of a 2019 Limited 2500 tomorrow. I don't usually keep my trucks for more than 2-3 years or 50-60K miles, but I'm thinking that having a 100K warranty that is transferable makes this truck much more marketable to sell when the time comes than most of the others that don't have warranties. I can get a pretty good deal on one now (1450 for 5 yr 100K), and it would be nice for the piece of mind after I hit 36K, but my main question is about the value of resale with one of these attached to it. It is my understanding they are much more expensive to purchase once they go over 36K.

What say you?

Thanks.

Sarge33Army

Reaction score
If you trade-in with a dealer, they don't give $0.02 about an extended warranty on the trade (only when selling it on the new unit). You could cash it in, but the pro-rated value will be much less than you might expect. If you plan to sell private-party, the warranty may be of value, but that really depends on the prospective buyer.

Users who are viewing this thread