Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Docs diesel filters

RB18C

Reaction score
I’m just wondering if anyone’s running docs diesel filters? Of course they claim to exceed mopar standards.

flan

Reaction score
Oem until warranty’s up, then fleetguard for me. I don’t support china (docs) any more than I have to.

RB18C

Reaction score
I don’t care where they are made. Just curious if anyone’s tried them.

MtnRider

Reaction score
Noting but OEM. Seen way too many posts of people having issues running aftermarket filters. Why risk it.....

Nick

Reaction score
You can run Fleetguard now . They make the OEM filters for Ram no warranty issue to worry about.

flan

Reaction score
China argument is dumb. Pretty sure mopar OEM filters are made in China.
Mexico. They just send us illegals not pandemics..
You can run Fleetguard now . They make the OEM filters for Ram no warranty issue to worry about.
Correct. They are usually the same price or slightly cheaper than fleetguard so I don’t give the dealer any ammo if something related were to come up.

RagingBullFish

Reaction score
Do NOT buy the docs fuel filters.
I just had my 2022 6.7 shut down from fuel starvation. I made this account specifically to tell everyone about this. Just switched them out for mopar (the dealer finally had them in stock) and now everything is fine. Please spread the word, I’ll be writing other reviews elsewhere. Garbage filters

red

Reaction score
Baldwin likely manufactures the OE frame filter. Search this site for Baldwin PF46152 and you should find a post from a few weeks ago.

Riddick

Reaction score
Anyone have proof these docs fuel filters are good or bad? From what I am reading everyone is assuming they are junk because they are made in China. Would love to see some actual real world data on how they perform. Have any of you experienced a failure with these?

RagingBullFish

Reaction score
Anyone have proof these docs fuel filters are good or bad? From what I am reading everyone is assuming they are junk because they are made in China. Would love to see some actual real world data on how they perform. Have any of you experienced a failure with these?
Yes they shut my truck down with fuel starvation

Xoxo 2021

Reaction score
I had to run them! My dealership had none in stock for months as well as auto parts stores. Geno's garage was a no go. So I bought a set from Doc's. 3000 miles later with 1800 miles of that was a trip towing my 5th wheel to Florida from VA and back and no issues. I do have OEM filters on order for the last few months.

truktjs

Reaction score
Put Doc's filters on at 10,000 Miles have had No trouble. Difference in price makes them well worth it. Mopar 175.00 for just fuel filters, Doc's $119.00 for Fuel and oil and air filters combined.
We are SOLD on DOC'S

Attachments

• IMG_20220401_113015.jpg
    IMG_20220401_113015.jpg
    803.1 KB · Views: 15

Users who are viewing this thread