Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do you look back at your truck when you get out of it?

Aketay

Reaction score
Yeah, to make sure I locked it. But seriously, normally I can’t wait to get away from it.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    762.6 KB · Views: 22

Hes83

Reaction score
Everytime!

Attachments

• 20190602_185250.jpg
    20190602_185250.jpg
    513.4 KB · Views: 14

RednBlack

Reaction score
Look at mine all day while working!!

View attachment 17513
I do the same thing... park right outside my window and will look every time I walk into my office!

(Don't mind the dirty office window)

And yes, I always turn around and look as I walk away. My wife gives me a hard time every time I do it and then proceeds to comment about how cute her car is whenever she sees it.
fdd5044a6bbd3ccc103003a31947f32a.jpg

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

1FstGPa

Reaction score
Actually, I don't. That's because I avoid parking lots and such with my truck. Many a person, no manner what age and background, don't give a flip about the edge of their door taking your paint off your ride or re-sculpting your sheet metal below that paint (notice I used the word "Your"). I have even seen this happen at car shows, where the paint on numerous rides can cost as much as $10.000 or more and all it takes is one swing on an adjacent door to destroy that paint job. If and that's a big "If", I am forced to do a grocery run when we are on the road, then I look for a blocker car in the back forty. Most likely someone who takes pride in their ride (Corvette or Mustang owner). Here the owners initiate a little more care about their ride and yours. So, looking at my ride is mostly useless because of the blocker car. Why a blocker car you say? Well, as far as parking in the back forty, it doesn't work. Little known fact that immature little twits enjoy playing torpedo with shopping carts.

You might say, I am a little over-done <polite usage for anal - with this, but that's alright. I had a 2008 1500 till last April and I didn't have a single scratch or door ding on it. My paint! My sheet metal!

As far as looking back? Only when I know it's safely in my yard or my garage. Then I start seeing dollar signs on what to spend on it next!

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Actually, I don't. That's because I avoid parking lots and such with my truck. Many a person, no manner what age and background, don't give a flip about the edge of their door taking your paint off your ride or re-sculpting your sheet metal below that paint (notice I used the word "Your"). I have even seen this happen at car shows, where the paint on numerous rides can cost as much as $10.000 or more and all it takes is one swing on an adjacent door to destroy that paint job. If and that's a big "If", I am forced to do a grocery run when we are on the road, then I look for a blocker car in the back forty. Most likely someone who takes pride in their ride (Corvette or Mustang owner). Here the owners initiate a little more care about their ride and yours. So, looking at my ride is mostly useless because of the blocker car. Why a blocker car you say? Well, as far as parking in the back forty, it doesn't work. Little known fact that immature little twits enjoy playing torpedo with shopping carts.

You might say, I am a little over-done <polite usage for anal - with this, but that's alright. I had a 2008 1500 till last April and I didn't have a single scratch or door ding on it. My paint! My sheet metal!

As far as looking back? Only when I know it's safely in my yard or my garage. Then I start seeing dollar signs on what to spend on it next!
Lol 10k is a pretty cheap paintjob on a classic car i have seen guys spend well in to the 20k zone on paint jobs

cmr287

Reaction score
I park way in the back forty so I can take two spots and never get any "Walmart" dings. I also fold my mirrors in every time. When I get up towards the store I always look back to see how beautiful she is.

I constantly look at my truck every time I exit it! I absolutely agree with OP. To ensure you brought the right vehicle you always need to check

I have a DRW long bed and do the exact same thing. Park as far away from folks in the back of the lots....

I learned pretty quickly with my last truck the townies don’t give a damn about your shjt.

I laugh as well at those that try to park trucks up near the front of the stores, then get pissed off when somebody scrapes and scratches or dings their vehicle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

MtnRider

Reaction score
Just to make sure I hear it lock and see the lights flash. I like it but it's just a truck...

Users who are viewing this thread