Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do you guys find that the mirrors take some getting used to?

KneeDeep

Reaction score
Boostautoparts.com makes aftermarket GM style mirrors for our Rams. They are much better for visibility and very good quality mirrors. Downsides they do not have the power folding option.

I had them on my truck until another pickup came into my lane while he was making a left turn from the turning lane and our mirrors hit hard as I wast passing him. The mirror did not break but it put a small dent in my door from the lower edge of the mirror housing impact. I removed them after that for that reason and not being able to power fold them for the car wash.

Attachments

• 92740E78-B1DA-4244-BC96-1D3D1C774749.jpeg
    92740E78-B1DA-4244-BC96-1D3D1C774749.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 52

Fishspike

Reaction score
The passenger side on my 2022 is hard to use. I am going on a trip and will put it up in tow mode. I found cars in my blind spot and couldn’t see them on that side. Probably more practice I guess

uhhello

Reaction score
The passenger side on my 2022 is hard to use. I am going on a trip and will put it up in tow mode. I found cars in my blind spot and couldn’t see them on that side. Probably more practice I guess
It's garbage. I asked the dealer and techs about it today. Just bought it 3 days ago and it's utter garbage. The dealer says its the same mirror setup thats been on since 19 and there is no "fix".

cj8rockcrawler

Reaction score
I wonder how hard it will be to retrofit the 23 mirrors when they come out.

I'm not happy with the mirrors on my 22 either. It seems the tow mirrors from my 3rd Gen are better.

dm6

Reaction score
Yeah it does seem to be a little better over time just by getting used to it. You have to really utilize the smaller mirror to at least see if someone is next to you. Another bad thing is that I believe the BSM is still hard to come by on these trucks. If you are fortunate enough to have it, it is a nice extra layer of safety to make sure nobody is driving in your blind spot.

sanda

Reaction score
I have slowly gotten used to mine in the normal mode but it took a while coming from a 2001 truck. I can not seem to adapt to them when in the towing position. Fortunately with an 8' wide trailer rather than 8-1/2', I get along just fine with them in the normal position even when towing.
On my Rams I have found no difference in the mirrors in their normal position vs. tow position for visibility. I leave them down and adjust them for towing and re-adjust for running empty. I do regret tinting the front seat side glass as its a major PITA while backing a trailer.

Basser53

Reaction score
I went from a 15 without the tow mirrors to an 18 now a 21 with them .. it took a lil while to get use to them.. I really liked the 15 mirrors even wile towing but now that I'm use to the tow mirrors I'm not sure I'd want to go back..

AMDPSU

Reaction score
I was excited to upgrade from my 19 with std mirrors to the 22 with tow mirrors as the std mirrors had a drivers side blind spot that was occasionally challenging in Northern Virginia (DC Beltway) traffic.

The drivers side, especially with BSM, is awesome now but the passenger mirror is the worst that I have ever used on a vehicle.......it is like Ram engineers never drove a test vehicle with them installed.

So many time when needing to merge quickly to the right I look over and the magnification causes me to hesitate. Nothing like needing to use the outer 1/8th of the mirror to have any functionality at all.

ClawSS

Reaction score
I hesitate every time merging right. I have the camera rearview and even that is a bit skewed. I use the BSM 1st <ok the light is out>, then look right <don't see anything>, then mirrors <all clear>. I am quite spastic & overly cautious as I get used to the size of the truck (from a CCSB GMC 1500.

kristof

Reaction score
I had to switch them to towing mode otherwise something is really confusing with the reflection.

SmokeShowJoe

Reaction score
My (R) mirror in Bullwinkle mode (large mirror) vibrates so bad on a windy day @ 50 mph or better I really can't see out of it. Anyone else experience this ??
Dealer thinks its normal...

jetrinka

Reaction score
My (R) mirror in Bullwinkle mode (large mirror) vibrates so bad on a windy day @ 50 mph or better I really can't see out of it. Anyone else experience this ??
Dealer thinks its normal...

Mine don’t do this.

Randrx2

Reaction score
I have the Tradesman tow mirrors so the convex section is manual adjustment. Do the upper level tow mirrors have power convex mirrors or are they manual adjustment?

Myfast70

Reaction score
I've had no issues getting used to mine. I set the big one first then set the smaller on for blind spots and they seem to work really well. I do not keep them flipped up though, I just keep them laid down so the smaller mirror is on the outside

Users who are viewing this thread