Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Digital Dash Configuration

Lerker

Reaction score
I think I love this new digital dash, but a configuration issue is chapping my arse.

I'm trying to configure the Tiles page so I can monitor critical temps while towing. Like the Gauge Summary page on previous models. This way, I don't have to flip around screens to see what I want.

With five tiles to play with, I'd like Oil Temp, Coolant Temp, Boost, Exhaust Brake, and Trans Temp.

BUT, for whatever reason, Trans Temp is not available for me to display. No problem with those others, just no Trans Temp. The manual says it should be there, but it's not. Common sense says it should be there, too.

So, can it be displayed? How? Do you others have it available on the Tiles page?

Jimmy07

Re-coding from an easy-chair
Reaction score
I think I love this new digital dash, but a configuration issue is chapping my arse.

I'm trying to configure the Tiles page so I can monitor critical temps while towing. Like the Gauge Summary page on previous models. This way, I don't have to flip around screens to see what I want.

With five tiles to play with, I'd like Oil Temp, Coolant Temp, Boost, Exhaust Brake, and Trans Temp.

BUT, for whatever reason, Trans Temp is not available for me to display. No problem with those others, just no Trans Temp. The manual says it should be there, but it's not. Common sense says it should be there, too.

So, can it be displayed? How? Do you others have it available on the Tiles page?
Hmmm..I’ve got the 5 tiles set up, and trans temp is my first one on the left.
When you’re in the regular non-tiles display, when you scroll to the vehicle info screen (the one with tire pressure, oil life, etc) is trans temp in there?

Lerker

Reaction score
Hmmm..I’ve got the 5 tiles set up, and trans temp is my first one on the left.
When you’re in the regular non-tiles display, when you scroll to the vehicle info screen (the one with tire pressure, oil life, etc) is trans temp in there?

Yup, I certainly have it in those pages, which is why this is uber frustrating. Not surprised at all to hear you have it.

You know, the other weird this is that I don't have Gear Display available under the screen setup. Not sure if you (or others) have that, but I watched a youtube video that showed it as a selection. And of course the manual says it should be there. But not on mine.

Is this a alphaobd fix?

Jimmy07

Re-coding from an easy-chair
Reaction score
Yup, I certainly have it in those pages, which is why this is uber frustrating. Not surprised at all to hear you have it.

You know, the other weird this is that I don't have Gear Display available under the screen setup. Not sure if you (or others) have that, but I watched a youtube video that showed it as a selection. And of course the manual says it should be there. But not on mine.

Is this a alphaobd fix?
Gear display is a configuration in alfaobd, and if your truck wasn’t configured with it from factory, it can take care of that.
But alfaobd wouldn’t have anything to do with trans temp in the tiles.
Mine’s a hemi, so I don’t have boost gauge in the vehicle info screen. I’m curious if any other Cummins owners with the digital cluster don’t have the trans temp selection in the tiles.

LegendaryLawman

Legendary Pessimist
Reaction score
How bright is the digital dash at night? Is it obnoxious like the early Freightliner RV ones that looked like you had a flashlight in face.

mountainears

Reaction score
I have an HO 3500. I can pick Trans Temp, I have it on the right side vertical bar graph. Can select it for the left side, lower left and lower right.

Lerker

Reaction score
Yup, exactly, the new digital dash. Would love to know if other diesel owners are lacking????

Regardless, with Jimmy having it with his hemi, I feel like a simply programming issue is either jipping me, or all Cummins owners.

Jmann442

Reaction score

I’ve got the same problem. I had a 2023 and reported the issue to my dealer and he was not aware of the issue. I just got a 2024 and hoped the problem would have been resolved and its not - programming is the same as the 2023.
I too wanted the dash to show current gear which is an option when I scroll though the programable dash it won‘t let me select that option.

i’d definitely like to know if you’ve found a solution to this problem - beyond frustrating.

Lerker

Reaction score
I’ve got the same problem. I had a 2023 and reported the issue to my dealer and he was not aware of the issue. I just got a 2024 and hoped the problem would have been resolved and its not - programming is the same as the 2023.
I too wanted the dash to show current gear which is an option when I scroll though the programable dash it won‘t let me select that option.

i’d definitely like to know if you’ve found a solution to this problem - beyond frustrating.

Nope, sure haven't. I was tempted to go back to the dealer to look at another diesel with the digital dash, just to know, but lost motivation.

Not sure if you saw, but up there ^^^^ a few posts Jimmy says he has it with the hemi, but I've yet to hear anyone with the diesel say they have it.

Users who are viewing this thread