Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Different hemi oil question

406Linetrash

Reaction score
Had oil changed at what seemed like knowledgeable shop. Were aware of specs. Said they had to order oil or had amsoil in stock that met Chrysler specs. Used a napa gold filter.

Upon looking at receipt. They used amsoil European car. 0-40. Not signature. I can't find anything on amsoil website for it meeting Chrysler mswhatever spec. Only signature series has it listed. When I called them they said it does and it's listed in their computer as being approved. That's what they always use. Etc.

Am I missing something or are they? Does it even matter?

Rockcrawlindude

a rock crawlin’ dude
Reaction score
I’m not sure about that exact oil or the answer to your question

but I will say that amsoil and other companies do make oils that exceed specs like dexos for GM, etc. but they don’t have the specific approval because they didn’t go through the process of getting their product approved by the manufacturer. Money or politics who knows.

SRT / hemi / Chrysler is in bed with Pennzoil so they are the “official oil” but other oils will surely do the job

406Linetrash

Reaction score
Yeah. I am probably over thinking it. I hate the pay to play oil certification game. It's a good oil in the right weight. And sounds better than The factory fill noise wise. Doesn't seem like there could be too many issues. Maybe I'm off too. Cause work order says amsoil signature series. Just short for says amsoil eu syn.

Users who are viewing this thread