Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Diesel Particulate Sensor in a 2020 Ram 2500 Laramie with 4,100 Miles (purchased 10/23/20)

georgebednar

Reaction score
The check engine light came on during a regen. Come to find out the dealer said it was a bad particulate sensor. 4 weeks for a new on due to being on back order. Since they diagnosed my truck the check engine light is off. The DP filter show around 20% on the gauge. Will the truck perform a regen it the sensor is bad? The dealer said it is ok to drive.

georgebednar

Reaction score
Thanks Brutal for the quick response. I've seen it posted as every 24 hour of operations as well as depending on how full the sensor says it is time.

ConstablePD

Reaction score
I am still waiting on my sensor as well. They give me a date and it keeps getting pushed back. Is it bad to drive my truck with the check engine light on? I was going to try and hunt this part down my self but the part number 68354201AB is Mopar specific. Does anyone have a Cummins Part Number?

MtnRider

Reaction score
I am still waiting on my sensor as well. They give me a date and it keeps getting pushed back. Is it bad to drive my truck with the check engine light on? I was going to try and hunt this part down my self but the part number 68354201AB is Mopar specific. Does anyone have a Cummins Part Number?

Its not a cummins part, it's a ram part so that number is what it is. I'm not aware of any other aftermarket vendors that make it either.

I saw some online vendors quoting Jan 2022 for delivery of the sensor as well so you might be in for a long wait. I'm sure the dealers will get them first but it still could be a while

DougB

Reaction score
Is this the same DPF sensor that Ram sent out notice about new trucks shipping without a DPF sensor and that would eventually have to be installed by the dealer?

1631276876469.png

Last edited:

ConstablePD

Reaction score
Its not a cummins part, it's a ram part so that number is what it is. I'm not aware of any other aftermarket vendors that make it either.

I saw some online vendors quoting Jan 2022 for delivery of the sensor as well so you might be in for a long wait. I'm sure the dealers will get them first but it still could be a while

Will it hurt to drive my truck with the sensor being bad?

Aketay

Reaction score
Just found out today that my sensor is bad after 212,000 miles. It was performing regens about every 82 miles. Some regens lasted less than 40 miles. the bad thing is it just wastes fuel. I have acceas to a friend’s complete exhaust system from his deleted truck. I feel lucky in that sense.

CurtJ

Reaction score
Don’t feel bad guys, been waiting on my sensor since April 8 2021. Keeps getting pushed back. Have put 8k on it without sensor and is running and regening ok. Guess we will get them when they want us to‍ have them.

Users who are viewing this thread